Great Mileage and Affordable
By EVM on
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was looking for the best high mileage sedan out there and I think I found it. A fun, responsive drive. So far averaging about 41 MPG, but most recent fill up averaged 43.7 MPG. Back seat is a bit tight but it fits my two children just fine. Very stylish -- I did not like the egg-like body of the Prius. Even with the hybrid battery, I think the luggage space is more than adequate.
Favorite Features
Display console is easy to read and you get use to its two layer design very easily. Gas mileage is great. Stylish exterior. Tight and very responsive steering. Very peppy for a hybrid. Easy to reach charger jacks. Road visibility forward and rear is very good.
Suggested Improvements
Interior noise is a bit much. XM radio and navigation system comes with a CD player that holds only one CD at a time. Honda should get its own version of OnStar. My last car was a Chevrolet and I miss the OnStar satellite telephone. Cup holders in the back seat. Optional back windshield wiper.