Great Buy
By Johnny on
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Couldn't spring for the Insight because I got a great deal (21995) for this beauty. Just took a 500 mile trip down I95 and back to Northern Va and averaged 51.1 MPG with my wife and some luggage. No hypermiling used except I got in the rt lane behind a slow driver on the Interstate and I tried to coast in neutral down hills and build momentum for the next hill. In the 163 mile stretch from Fredricksburg, Va to Chesapeake I averaged 54.2 MPG. The overall 51.2 included about 35 miles of city driving in Norfolk. The car is solid and drives smoothly and handles better than the 09 Prius. I think Honda does a great job with their cars. The 09 HCH is a stealth gem waiting to be discovered.
Favorite Features
Fit and finish and the design in and out makes this a near luxury small hybrid. Mileage is terrific and I only have 1400 miles so far. The USB adapter for the I touch is great and the hands free Blue tooth and voice command Nav system is easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
Ok, the trunk space is compromised some but adequate for my wife and me. If they can adapt the Insight's battery and stowage design they may be able to allow for fold down seats and add more stowage. Car has ample power but a larger electric motor might provide some more torque.