Everything You Need for the Price
By dkurtz42 on
2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I selected the LX-S based on the options that comes standard on it as opposed to the LX and even some options not on the EX (leather-wrapped steering wheel). I wanted a spoiler, alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel and Automatic Transmission in a 4 door. The LX-S was tailor made for me. I originally was looking at a Fit based on price, but the LX-S was quoted lower than the Fit. I couldn't believe it. Several hundred below Edmunds TMV. Car feels very solid. Not very powerful, but I'm looking for fuel economy and couldn't care less about power. Backseat is large enough for my 2 car seats. Trunk is adequate. Based on price + mpg + reliability I'm looking forward to racking up the miles.
Favorite Features
The sporty, yet sophisticated body style with alloy wheels and spoiler. The interior material does collect lint, but looks and feels great. Leather-wrapped steering wheel. 2 stage dash is easy to love. Head room in the front seat more than enough for me at 6'1". Options are just right for my needs.
Suggested Improvements
Placement of the e-brake is bothersome on longer drives. Factory stereo on the LX-S is weak. Based on the price point, there really is nothing else to improve upon. Any upgrades would just mean a higher price tag. I really feel this car is a GREAT value that drives and feels larger than compact.