2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Don't waste money, buy straigh

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

Don't waste money, buy straight gas engine
By Mac8 on

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well I have had this car for one year, the only savings I can figure out is mileage, I don't drive it much because it not comfortable, visibility is poor and braking at low speeds it surges as it jumps into coast mode and gas engine shuts off. Therefore the saving is I stay home more. I leased through Honda so I am stuck with it for two more years. Driving in Florida where it's as flat as a pancake, around town, Ft Myers area I get a whooping 33 mpg. I took it to east coast and back got around 47 tops. Excuse down here is they use to much ethanol in gas. It's no better than a regular Civic , only less power, don't waste your money, no real saving.

The dash board is cute, fun to watch your mileage at real time, esp when under load it drops like a rock.

Scrap your idea and use the Toyota way of hybriding, the electric motor actually powers the car around town, Honda uses all gas.