2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Do your home work

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Do your home work
By Roadie on

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've always liked the Honda Civic. It's got great looks and the mag tests say it sets the standards for other small cars to match but I'm disappointed. The road noise in the cabin is just horrible with the Civic and for me it's really a big distraction that's keeping me from enjoying this car. Too much gear whine from the drivetrain too. Road noise in the cabin is the biggest flaw with this car. I like the rest of the car, but it's not really any better than the other cars in its class and you pay more for a Honda and get less features for your money compared to say a Toyota. The Civic is a nice car, but it's a noisy car and pricey for what you get. Do you homework before you buy.

The looks of the car.The car feels tight and nimble on the road with very nice steering and handling.

Honda needs to do something about the road noise in the cabin.There's too gear whine from the drivetrain that needs to be addressed too. VSC needs to be standard or at least available in the lower trims models.