2009 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. CNG 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - An Amazing Car!

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

An Amazing Car!
By Civic Pride on

2009 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I read a lot about this car prior to purchase and concluded it was a great idea. It was hard to find one--called around a lot and the few places that had them in the country wanted top dollar. Eventually found one out of state and purchased end of month--got a reasonable deal. It is an awesome commuter car--very cheap to run, extremely reliable, clean burning, carpool lane exemption, and dare I say, even fun to drive. No, certainly not a sports car, but it corners well, stops well, and accelerates decently. CNG is well below the price of regular unleaded-- about 40-50% for me, and I'm not Utah--I'm surprised everyone there doesn't have one! My kids, boss and others say "cool!"

Favorite Features

Very low operating cost, "greenest car in U.S.", no fuel drips, bi-level instrument panel with great ergonomics, great AC. Exterior design very attractive, not one single problem at 7+ months-- only car I've ever owned that can claim that.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk would be nice for long distances, but that's not what I use this for, so not a big deal.