Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Disgusted with Honda
By TPTV

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never buy another Honda. Honda ought to be embarrassed to have their name on this car. Although I just bought the car last year, I have had it at the dealership to have numerous flaws repaired or replaced under the warranty: (1)windshield replaced due to distortions; (2) door handles and side mirrors replaced due to the lack of quality paint job; (3) front and rear bumpers painted due to lack of quality paint job; (4) the regulators in the front doors had to be replaced when the windows stopped going down all the way; and (5) the moldings that cover-up the front side airbags show gaps when it should be flush mounted.

Great little car!
By purkat60

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I went from minivan to this fun to drive car. The tiered dashboard was easy to adjust to. It has enough pep for getting on the freeway. Great a/c for living in Texas. Bought this over one year ago with no regrets. Get 28-30 mpg combined heavy city traffic and suburbs. Easiest car to wash on the driveway!

Favorite Features

Tiered dashboard(should be on all cars), blue dash lights, alloy wheels, and atomic blue metallic color.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

best car we have owned
By hayjay0911

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bough this car with 55K on it my boyfriend drives 100 miles to work and tis car is amazing we got it in september 2011 an have put 10 K on it and nothing wrong it has amazing gas mileage the only thing i dont like is the driver side door molding we had to replace it pulled away from the frame it was a 20 dollar fix i would tell anyone needng a good reliable car to go to hondas im a ford truck girl i love them but for theprice and reliabillity and our 2 kids fit in the back perfect with a car seat with an older child sitting in the middle love this car so much and all the reviews helped us so much thank you all

Favorite Features

Gauges how they look the trunk fits my double stroller and my two umbrella stollers its very comfy to be in

Suggested Improvements

The molding on the doors and the windseheild

Love my Honda but..
By kiralee1

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car used with about 25,000 miles on it and it's at 62,000 miles now. Really fun to drive, nice handling, and exceptionally reliable. I've never had any mechanical problems, just regular service. It does really good in the snow if you put beefy snow tires on. The biggest problem is the paint. It's peeling everywhere and rusting. Honda said they don't cover the paint because of where I live. I've had a few older Hondas and they have all had paint issues. They are a more expensive economy car and I think they should have higher quality paint. If you get a lower end civic get better wheels put on. One pothole and the wheel will bend. Overall a really great car.

Favorite Features

Reliability is excellent. One of the best built engines on the market.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the paint issues Honda and I will keep buying your cars!

good ride
By adel6

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2009 Honda from repokar auto auction. Overall, good ride. Great for a larger family or for when the grandparents want to take all the kids to the zoo! Comfortable ride and roomy. I like it))