2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A nice car for the price
By Abdul on 07/31/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car almost one month ago. I have driven through almost all the East Coast from New Hampshire to Florida and made 3700 miles. My first impression is that it is exciting to drive it no matter how long you are driving without a stop. The power&fuel economy balance is excellent in my opinion. Interior design is cheerful and quite ergonomic. I found this car quite comfortable on both highway and city roads except the seats. You slip in a while and need to reposition yourself. Also you need to be careful on blind spots due to unusual windshield design which on the other hand completes the sleek exterior look of the car. Fortunately I have no technical problems so far.

My second Civic
By Rubired on 07/24/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a 2000 civic before this one and also an accord 2008 right now. This car is smaller than the Accord, but the quality is no less. This car is a great little 4 cylinder, very easy on gas, very quiet high quality Honda engine and nice handling. As I said on my accord review, I have own them all dodge, ford, chevy, toyota and Hyundai and where the Honda leaves the rest behind is time. After 3 or 4 years, the Honda still feels and runs like the day you purchased it. The others slowly show their age with squeaks, garage visits and part replacements. If you want a little car, easy on gas, top notch quality that will be trouble free for many years to come and hold its value - this is it.

Honda Civic LX New Car Review
By Jill on 07/23/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car two weeks and have had no problems with it other than adjusting to automatic transmission from manual and the automatic windows and door locks. It is very easy to handle and takes corners smoothly. It drives like an automatic so I can hear when the engine wants to shift and since I'm used to manual, I would shift it at a few different RPMs but I am getting used to it. I rated it low as fun to drive because manual transmission is more fun to drive. The dealer didn't have any manuals so I thought I would try automatic. If you are really set on manual I would hold out for it as automatic is not the same thing.

30K miles and excellent so far
By Great Civic on 07/18/09 11:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I will have about 200K on this car in 4 years...have driven 30K so far and there are no issues what so ever. I get 38-41MPG combined (improved from 35 when purchased). The car handles well and is very comfortable with the exception of the location of the E- brake. Be very careful...this bothers me personally on long trips. No issues whatsoever at 30K. The Goodyears are crappy and wearing down. The stereo has one speaker that vibrates (I don't care). System sounds decent enough. I can plug in my ipod, love that. Stick shift is smooth and very sweet with adequate power. This car has been exactly as desired so far. I expect the build quality to stand above most other brands.

Not as much pop, but overall a great car
By KR on 07/18/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 1.8 Turbo Volkswagen Jetta that had some serious pep for a 4cyl engine. However, the thing was falling apart and overall my experience was poor. I was drawn to the Civic because of its reputation for reliability, fuel economy, and its nice design. After nearly 3,000 miles on the car, I'm happy with my purchase. It's not as much fun to drive as the Jetta, but the 5 speed manual offers some excitement and better all-around control over the car. I ended up going with the EX-L because on the 2009's it's the only version that offers stability control (VSA). Also, it's worth noting that I'm relatively tall (6'4"), and I fit very comfortably in the driver's seat.

The best subcompact out there
By Hapy driver on 07/18/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Concerned about going from a V-6 to a 4 cylinder. Not anymore. A zippy little car with great stopping power. Urban Titanium color gets great remarks and some say the body style looks European. I like the double decker dashboard. Can't be accused of telling a police offer I didn't know how fast I was going.

Look for reasons to drive
By Sabra on 07/17/09 08:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2001 Caddy for my new Civic and find this car so much more fun to drive. Test drove Toyotas and Hyundais--Civic outshone them all. I've taken it on two trips and had plenty of trunk room for 3. Car handled well on highway beside big rigs as well as city driving. I wish it had better hwy noise insulation. Also wish the seats were not quite so hard and had lumbar support but because I like everything else, I can live with it. Got a great deal on the car in mid June which makes me like it even more! I plan to keep it until it dies. Three out of four sons have Hondas and all have high miles and are doing great. Sweet husband volunteered to drive the old family van.

What I Expected!
By dxxldiva on 07/15/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Civic. My 1994 Civic was totaled last November. I decided to buy another one and I have no regrets. It's a very basic car that's reliable and stylish. The only downside is the lack of advertised fuel economy and it is a little noisier than my 1994 Civic.

It's An Economy Car, People!
By KDK on 07/12/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We have only owned Hondas for the past 12 years because we don't want the hassle, headache and maintenance woes associated with other vehicles. Honda has not disappointed. We recently purchased the new 2009 Civic LX-S to replace our 1997 Civic as a work/commuter car. In reading other reviews, I am surprised to see complaints like "no lighted vanity mirrors," "no keyless entry for the trunk," etc. Are we missing the boat here? This is excellent for what it is, an economy car. If you want a car for under $19,000 with reliability, great fuel economy, look no further. If you want heated seats with your keyless entry, buy something else and stop complaining.

Everything You Need for the Price
By dkurtz42 on 07/11/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I selected the LX-S based on the options that comes standard on it as opposed to the LX and even some options not on the EX (leather-wrapped steering wheel). I wanted a spoiler, alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel and Automatic Transmission in a 4 door. The LX-S was tailor made for me. I originally was looking at a Fit based on price, but the LX-S was quoted lower than the Fit. I couldn't believe it. Several hundred below Edmunds TMV. Car feels very solid. Not very powerful, but I'm looking for fuel economy and couldn't care less about power. Backseat is large enough for my 2 car seats. Trunk is adequate. Based on price + mpg + reliability I'm looking forward to racking up the miles.