2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Excellent Car! A+++
By Kevin on 08/16/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is truly an excellent car. I am 6'3 and have ZERO comfort problems. There is plenty of space for the driver and passengers. I have read some reviews about people complaining about the parking break... but it's fine. Also, a few people have complained about there being no trunk-release. Are you serious!?!? Cry me a river while I turn a key to open up my trunk. The mileage is great, and the car drives so smoothly. I was very impressed at how smooth the car drives, very little bumps. Also, the road noise is fine.

Love to drive
By nyker on 08/15/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bough this car a month ago and already drove around 1.4K. Highway mileage is great, I got like 33 mph with air conditioner on. City mileage is not so good though, I am making only 22-23 mph. One of the reasons might be the fact that I usually have to drive in heavy traffic, go little and stop again. Road noise sometime can be a little excessive. Even a little bit of uneven road surface can cause uncomfortably loud grinding noise coming from suspension. Other than the noise problem, the car runs smooth. Always fun to drive. I even sometime intentionally miss the exit on the way to work just because I couldn't get enough of driving this car. Love both interior and exterior.

Totally Satisfied
By Ben on 08/14/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Turned in a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan with 230000 miles in the CARS program and couldn't be happier. This car looks and feels fantastic. Could have a little more zip when merging on the highway, but it is certainly not a dog and it cruises in the mid 70's (mph) seamlessly. Absolutely comfortable and hugs the road. Nice interior design and two tier instrument panel is beautiful and ergonomic. Sound system is excellent.

Great overall car
By JP on 08/14/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost 3 months and it's been great! The car is fun to drive and averaged 41 MPG on long distance highway drives. Combined city/highway has been about 33MPG. I'm really impressed with the performance and the looks of the car. I'm happy with my switch from a corolla to a civic and I expect the same long life and dependability that my Toyota had.

Exceeds Expectations
By Enginner1 on 08/11/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving for about two months now, no problems. Dash Interface takes a getting used to, but digital speedometer comes out preferable to old one. Got it for msrp price of an LX-S Auto. Design is quite unique, but in good taste. Leather enhances driving experience substantially. Plenty of space and excellent AC, I live in FL. usb-slot + steering wheel audio buttons best feature, a 8gb usb drive provides hours of quality music, no hassle of using aux cable, and no ipod necessary. Getting 30 mpg combined. Overall above average car for someone looking for a fun, unique, fuel efficient vehicle. Plan on driving it for years to come. No seat back problems, I'm in good health.

Nice Car
By nawipper on 08/10/09 21:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my old Jeep Cherokee with the CARS program. Fun to drive, great mileage (35 mpg on first two tanks in mixed driving). Sporty handling. I like both the interior design and the exterior. Drove a Corolla and Maxda 3 and liked this best overall.

Vibration on window side
By jayk on 08/10/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car 3 months ago. I have no problem with handling, mileage, and reliability. However, I'm not satisfied with the build quality because there is vibration on the side door which I could not locate the exact place. It really bothers me because you can really hear the vibration.

2009 Civic - Should Have Bought the EX-L
By DG on 08/04/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought it one month ago, and it's everything I was looking for in a new car. Great handling and fun to drive. Ultra cold air conditioning, very quiet engine, smoooooth transmission, excellent turning, aesthetically pleasing interior, stops on a dime. After purchasing the car, made the mistake of driving a friend's 2009 Civic EX-L. Although my cloth seats are very comfortable, the leather seats are even more comfortable, and they dress up the car's interior quite nicely. For the few extra dollars, would go for the EX-L if I could do it all over again.

Best car for your buck!
By Jack on 08/04/09 15:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Not expensive. GREAT gas mileage. Love the look. Roomy interior and trunk. Rear passengers don't bump their head on the top of of the car when going over a speed bump, unlike other small cars. Great sound system, and just enough kick to pass up the "overly cautious" driver in an instant.

SUV to MPG
By Rusty on 08/04/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my Ford Explorer for the EX and quite glad I did. My payment is less than my fuel bill for my truck. The Civic EX is a great solid reliable vehicle. I like the iPod and aux connections for music and I am dropping my XM subscription. I like having everything work, and the joy of opening the roof to play with the wind is a huge plus to me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*