2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It is a good car!
By Al in FL on 09/11/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first new Honda for me. I commute about 100 miles/day. I tell you what. I get about 31-35 miles per gallon. Handling is good and fun to drive. However, road noise is high when you are on highway.

DX-VP VP=very primitive
By first newcar on 09/10/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First new car I've ever bought. I had driven multiple cars, and did not realize this did not have keyless entry, no arm rest, not even floor mats until I was driving it home. I was furious. I brought it back. But they wanted an additional $4000 for the keyless entry and armrest. We were hoping to get the cash for clunkers, but they decided they couldn't do it because the computer system was overloaded. Then we were supposed to get 3.9% financing, but despite our exclnt credit we didn't qualify? We were at the dealership for five hours waiting for the car to be readied. During the test drive the salesman pointed out the adjustable steering wheel, but didn't mention all it lacked. Very unhappy.

Nice but gas mileage better on my 1999!
By Jules on 09/03/09 05:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is nice looking, it is comfortable and the interior is a lot of bang for the buck considering the price. However, I do feel the engine is lacking a big, at only 2,500 miles I already feel a little idle rumble when I start the car and it's not nearly as good on gas as my 99 Civic EX which I also still have. That's a big disappointment to me. The brakes also seem like they are working super hard all the time and they make an awful noise when breaking on any type of hill. I don't believe they are going to last too long. Those are my only gripes, it's a nice little car.

Love it!
By Ray on 08/27/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my 2004 Impala with 90.000 miles for the civic lx-s, with 134 miles on I had a little (or big) problem, the engine stopped responding to the accelerator, I kept on pumping the pedal and downshifting (just in case) on the way down to 1st gear and it got going again, took to the dealer and did not find any problems, I just have to learn to trust again, but, I love the sporty feel of the car as a whole, steering wheel, dash, outside, donít care for the wheel covers (will probably fit some nice alloys). Love the happy revving engine and the Goodyears are just ok, but for what the car was design for, it is fitting. Over 300 miles now, loving it.

Small Glitch, Otherwise Great
By Ray on 08/26/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 Impala for the Civic LX-S, totally different styles, but, upon coming to the dealer I said: I have only 2 requests, itís got to be silver and itís got to be manual. And guess what? They had only one that came in that morning. Loved it unconditionally until it had 134 miles on the odometer, and shut off by itself in 5th gear at 50mph, kept on downshifting trying to get going again, got going again sputtering a little and with almost 300 miles being fine so far, I just need to trust it again, but, it is a blast to drive, no complaints on the goodyears, sticky enough, clutch pedal like butter, love the steering wheel, would just love some alloy rims, but, the price was right.

I LOVE It!!!
By Adrian on 08/25/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. It is my first car and I love it. It looks great and it is actually kinda strong for a 1.8 L engine. Its better than a lot of 2.0 L engines because it preforms better on gas but has as much power as a 2.0 L engine. Its fun to drive and the speedometer is soooooo unique. Everyone that rides in my car loves it. This car is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend so much money on gas and perfect for someone that wants a car that's worth your money, not to mention how long this car will last. I JUST LOVE IT.

I am a believer
By Danny T in OKC on 08/24/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st new car I have ever purchased and the 1st Honda I have ever owned. I have always respected the quality that Honda cars represent -- and now I understand why it is actually so deserved. Plus, it is just damn fun to drive. Feeling like I made one of the best choices I have ever made in my adult life purchasing my Honda Civic. I love it. (It's almost sick.)

Clunker Trade for a Tall Person
By Bob on 08/20/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We were lured into a new car thanks to the CARS programs. We looked at many small cars, and found stock shortages at most big three dealerships. I am 6'4 and this car has lots of headroom, but not quite as much leg room as desired. My right leg rests uncomfortably on the hand brake. But not enough of an issue to not go for it. Was more comfortable in the Fit, but the discounts on the civic were greater.

Civic
By Jo on 08/19/09 16:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best car. The car not only looks great, but it is very comfortable to ride and drive. It has so many nice features inside the vehicle. If you are still not sure if you want to buy a civic, think no more, go for it, you will not regret it.

Excellent Car! A+++
By Kevin on 08/16/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is truly an excellent car. I am 6'3 and have ZERO comfort problems. There is plenty of space for the driver and passengers. I have read some reviews about people complaining about the parking break... but it's fine. Also, a few people have complained about there being no trunk-release. Are you serious!?!? Cry me a river while I turn a key to open up my trunk. The mileage is great, and the car drives so smoothly. I was very impressed at how smooth the car drives, very little bumps. Also, the road noise is fine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*