Used 2009 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 278 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Extremely Pleased
By jones1124

2009 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was coming off of a horrible Chevy experience. I had two vehicles back to back and they were awful. My Equinox was free and clear and I still decided to purchase the '09 Civic. I am very happy with this car!! I am 34 and past the need for looks and frills and wanted something I could put 150-200k on and I think I've found it with this vehicle. At 70k I've only needed front brakes. I do the normal tire rotation,oil and filter changes and it runs very smooth. My friend needed to borrow it and he commented on how well it brakes,the easy steering and overall handling. So far I can say that Honda has me for life,and I could not be happier!!!

best car we have owned
By hayjay0911

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bough this car with 55K on it my boyfriend drives 100 miles to work and tis car is amazing we got it in september 2011 an have put 10 K on it and nothing wrong it has amazing gas mileage the only thing i dont like is the driver side door molding we had to replace it pulled away from the frame it was a 20 dollar fix i would tell anyone needng a good reliable car to go to hondas im a ford truck girl i love them but for theprice and reliabillity and our 2 kids fit in the back perfect with a car seat with an older child sitting in the middle love this car so much and all the reviews helped us so much thank you all

Gauges how they look the trunk fits my double stroller and my two umbrella stollers its very comfy to be in

The molding on the doors and the windseheild

I got a lemon
By chuckles0505

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was extremely disappointed with this Civic.
It regularly left me abandoned, unable to start.
I don't know how many times I had to be towed, and the dealership here in Oregon blew me off.
This kept happening and happening, that the battery after just a few weeks would suddenly stop holding a charge.
After over a year of this, the dealership finally put in a new battery.
It still had problems.
Something else was wrong with the electrical system somewhere, and the dealership wasn't going to help me out.
Then a rock made its way into the brake area somehow, and caused damage. After I wanted out from such an unreliable vehicle, I sold it as a loss.
The lemon is someone else's problem.

exterior styling.

It was an "extremely medium" car in all other respects. My suggested improvement is Honda should be more careful in the manufacturing of the vehicle so owners don't wind up with an expensive lemon like mine was.

Honda Quality sucks specially made in North America
By car8888

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I used to own a couple of Hondas and an Acura.
This one honda civic made in North America is really a Lemon.
I have only like 36,000 miles and\the following were done to my honda civic.
1) remote control transmitter two times.
2) Evaporator for aircondition gave way.
3) Right axel was replaced.
4) Tirod was also replaced.
5) Front air bag plastic got crack.
6)Front driver's sun visor replaced.

I was forced to buy an extended warranty and I am not sure what is next problem?
I am tired of going to the dealer.
Mileate is also bad, I am only getting only 22 to 25 miles in the city on normal driving and the tires are almost gone.

My old Hondas and Acura seldom see the dealer.

The car design is really very good but it does not measure up to the old HOnda or Acura made in Japan.

Do Not buy a honda civic made in North America. It is not worth it. Worksmanship is very poor.

Love my "new" car
By sbmendoza

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Now that I've had the car for a week or so I've been able to play with the car and I'm loving it! The gage in the car that shows the mpg has made me become more aware of my driving habits. So not only am I saving gas money from switching from my gt mustang to the hybrid, but I can learn how to save even more gas everyday.