2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 5th Civic, 1st Hybrid

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

5th Civic, 1st Hybrid
By JeremyE on

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first hybrid, but 5th Honda Civic. I briefly left the brand for a 2008 MINI Cooper S, but quickly returned to Honda. The quality of the car/pieces in my opinion or better then most luxury vehicles. Compared to my MINI without the sport package the ride in the Hybrid is quite and heavenly! The Hybrid in real world driving handles far better then my Cooper S. In the MINI hitting uneven pavement jerked the car around. The Hybrid hangs on to the curves with the same go-for-it'ness and absorbs bumps without drama. Per the OBC I avg 31 MPG in the Cooper S, the first week I got 45.7 MPG in the Hybrid. None of my Civic's have left me stranded. This is why I returned back to Honda.

Heated seats, Hybrid gauges and drivetrain. USB/iPod connector and steering wheel mounted radio controls. It gets the same level of interest and questions my MINI did at gas stations and drive thrus about how it is to drive and what kind of MPG's I get.

More electric drive modes: econ or ev only settings, Xenon headlights, Power folding exterior mirrors, remote window roll down/up, more side bolstering on front seats, adjustable lumbar support, interior motion or glass breakage sensors/siren upgrade, handsfree bluetooth on non-navi models.