2009 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My Sweet New Civic....
By Elyse on 08/04/09 00:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Decided to buy a Civic for my first new car. I have had it for 1 week/150 miles. Seriously considered Toyota Yaris/ VW Rabbit. Yaris was not as solid (felt shaky when compared to Civic) and VW has a reputation for being unreliable. You cannot go wrong with Honda-they are truly built to last. My Civic is not even half empty and the mileage is ~150 (and I've been driving in city traffic, stop/go). The AC is amazing. The lowest setting keeps me cool in the summer heat of Tucson. The sound system is excellent (would like a little bit more bass!, the interior is very comfortable, and the engine has alot of pep. Of course, I'm still breaking it in so I'm taking it easy on the acceleration.

Great econo-car
By daytonaguy on 07/19/09 06:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded down from a 2004 Accord for better mileage so there was a bit of an adjustment there. Seemed very underpowered compared to 2.4 L in the Accord. But for the money, it's really hard to beat this car. Like all Hondas, fit and finish is very good. A bit more hard plastic inside than I would like (suffers compared to the Accord) but I like the dash design much better. Arrangement of radio and climate controls nicely done and very ergonomic. Handling is excellent, on par with the Accord, despite the lack of double wishbone. Seats are not nearly as good as the Accord's but still not bad. Mileage has been as rated. Noisier than I would like. Overall A- or B+.

9-Month Review
By Canadia on 07/15/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I'm very pleased with the Civic. Fuel economy has exceeded my expectations, and the car is very nimble and fun to drive with the manual. The seats are also very comfortable, and there's plenty of room for me (5'11") even with the seat raised to its highest position. I would have rated it with 10's across the board if it weren't for a few things: 1) Either drive-by-wire or the VTEC mechanism makes acceleration under certain conditions somewhat choppy and abrupt. 2) There's a creaking noise coming from the front suspension, and a rattle coming from the rear of the car. I can't determine the source of either. 3) Thin paint.

Great "Sporty" car
By Justin Slocum on 07/14/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable and sporty (I have the coupe). Very well designed and quite a looker. It's fun to drive granted it's no civic Si but it is quick and agile. I decided to go with the EX Coupe because the Si's have shifter and clutch problems. The sound system is 350 Watts and has a subwoofer. This comes in the Coupe EX and the Si's only. Very happy with the bass response from it. Nice Standard Alloy Rims. Shifts are crisp and smooth. I would definitely purchase this car again. Very complacent ride that does a great job around the corners and is comfortable on rough roads. My only minor complaint is something that plagues Hondas and that is the road noise. It's not awful but could be better.

Civic LX Coupe
By Terry on 06/28/09 23:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Smooth...silky smooth...from ride to gear linkage to acceleration. Car feels like much more expensive mid level cars on the road. Nice styling but age of the design is showing and rivals are have more power and sportiness to them. Was looking at this and Alima 2.5 coupe but price was right. Had the original CRX...this civic comes close but the CRX was much more of a drivers car.

Four Months
By Robert on 06/28/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Four months and a bit over 7k miles. MPG is > 38, over the period. Had just recently driven in heavy rain with the OE Bridgestones, and the car rides fine. Most of the driving is open road & highway (90%). Cruise Control maintains a constant speed going uphills. Very happy I returned to a Civic.

Toyota Lost!
By Dan on 06/18/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been a Toyota fan for a while, but when I was in the market for a coupe, I was not impressed with Toyota (scion). Everything I wanted was an upgrade on the scion and by the time I got what I wanted, the civic had it, (and then some) at a better price then the scion. I am very happy with the civic. I traded in my corolla for the civic. My wife drives a 2004 acura TL and she always asks me to trade with her, I tell her no, it's mine!

Satisfied
By Informed on 05/10/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car so far has been pretty awesome. Vehicle drives smoothly and I receive many compliments. I have to say overall I am very satisfied with the car. It has hot heat and cold a/c. Test drove many other cars for many months and feel in love with this one. Really love the placement on the digital speedometer. Has a pretty decent sounds system, get about 37 mpg on the highway and 23 in the city.

Great Mileage, Fun Drive!
By First Honda Ever on 04/26/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Commuting 65 miles/day means gas mileage is paramount ... and this car averages 38 MPG! The engine is quiet yet responsive. The seats are comfortable and supportive. The car handles well in traffic.

2nd honda and still best car ever
By jonah stjernegaard on 04/25/09 00:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

7 months ago I bought a 2009 Honda fit with 5 speed manual, I decided to sell it and get a faster Honda civic coupe dx. I cant believe how much faster the civic coupe is with manual transmission than the fit and it handles so much better and looks better. I will never ever buy any other car than a Honda civic coupe. It feels like you are driving the fastest car on the road all while using no gas. Honda makes best cars in the world PERIOD.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$122 per month*