2009 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 27

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
By redflame on 10/13/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best car purchase of my life x2. Had a civic back in 1995 - 2002 and loved it. I'm so glad Honda came out with the hybrid. Looks a lot better than the Prius. I already have fallen in love with this car with 40+ mpg. Living 50 miles from my job helps me to save at the pump. This was the major buying factor for me other than I have always liked Honda's products.

Love it!
By CIVICLVR. on 10/10/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had a 99' Honda Civic before this - just the basic model- and it was a really reliable car, compared to an 06' liberty I drove. I've only had my 09' CIVIC for a week and I love it, I can hardly wait to drive it every day. I bought the EX-L version because I wanted all the bells and whistles, and I don't regret getting this one. It honestly drives like a BMW - loads of fun to drive, even if you are just cruising and very comfortable to ride in. I always turn heads in this car. Perfect for a college student looking for a sporty, luxury, economical, reliable car.

Great car
By KimmyT on 10/06/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for a couple of days, but I LOVE it. Fun to drive, sporty, great turn radius, and awesome visibility. It's a great time to buy. It was a steal at only $17,816.

2009 Civic LX-Sport
By oconn11 on 10/06/08 11:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just got car so I only have 35 miles on it. Having driven 6cyl mini vans then SUVs for the past decade I am pleasantly surprised with the pep of this car. It is quite roomy, yet gives you a cockpit feel. Dealer experience was awesome and was mostly done via internet. So far I am quite happy.

The Most Fun Value
By civicpony on 10/01/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical at first about a Civic. I previously drove a 2005 Corolla and wanted to "step up." I thought the Civic would not really be a step up. I drove many other cars from Toyota, VW and Acura first. Then I drove a Civic. Loved it. Has great steering, handling, ride and is pretty quiet. I have almost 1000 miles on my silver 09 civic ex manual and I couldn't be happier with my car or my payment. And I rest easy knowing that I'll be happy with a car that will most likely have few or no problems for many years to come. It's a great car. Go drive one!

Car for the me
By afhonda on 09/30/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love the new LX-S version. It has the seats of an Si, and the leather wrapped steering wheel that you have to get an EX to get. I would suggest this car for anyone that has a little sporty nature, but wants to keep the gas tank full. Remember, it's no V8, it is however a peppy I4 that's why I gave it the 9 on performance. The Brakes are also impressive. There are also little things that I like too. An auxiliary jack for my iPod, good cup holders, tilt/telescopic wheel, and the cool speedometer.

Nice Wheels
By Jason on 09/29/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got mine Saturday, so I have not had a lot of time in it. I am 6'4" and I fit comfortably. So far so good, no complaints, the sun roof is nice.

So Far, So Good !
By bdazzled101 on 09/28/08 13:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After owning over a dozen American Made cars, this is my first Honda. The first thing I noticed was how "solid" the car felt. Looks like a small car on the outside, but inside it looks alot bigger than it actually is. Nice expansive interior. Layout of dash/interior very user friendly. Everything easy to reach and use. Wide front view while driving, no blind spots. Very comfortable seating & alot of room to spare & I'm 6' 1". The LX automatic is nicely equipped already. I'm adding blue interior lighting under the dash areas. Gas mileage is outstanding! 31 mpg in the city-so far. Advertised 28. If this car lives up to its past proven record while I own it, I'm buying another Honda later on!

In luv with my 09
By dawn on 09/27/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My exl 09 Honda Civic is more than I expected. I'm adding mudguards, window visors, moonroof visor, door guards, fitted floor mats, rear spoiler, garmin navigation. Went from VA. To Penn. Two days after buying my car and couldn't believe how great it runs.

Mike's Take
By Mike's Take on 09/26/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For $24.2K I wish I had waited for a Navigation system; But so far I like the sporty feel and highway handling. It zips through traffic and I drove a whole week before the 12.3 gallon tank needed filling. Getting 40+ mpg.