Used 2009 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love to drive
By nyker

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bough this car a month ago and already drove around 1.4K. Highway mileage is great, I got like 33 mph with air conditioner on. City mileage is not so good though, I am making only 22-23 mph. One of the reasons might be the fact that I usually have to drive in heavy traffic, go little and stop again. Road noise sometime can be a little excessive. Even a little bit of uneven road surface can cause uncomfortably loud grinding noise coming from suspension. Other than the noise problem, the car runs smooth. Always fun to drive. I even sometime intentionally miss the exit on the way to work just because I couldn't get enough of driving this car. Love both interior and exterior.

Favorite Features

Spaceship like cabin design and digital display.

Suggested Improvements

I would want better sound quality. A little less suspension and road noise.

Totally Satisfied
By Ben

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Turned in a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan with 230000 miles in the CARS program and couldn't be happier. This car looks and feels fantastic. Could have a little more zip when merging on the highway, but it is certainly not a dog and it cruises in the mid 70's (mph) seamlessly. Absolutely comfortable and hugs the road. Nice interior design and two tier instrument panel is beautiful and ergonomic. Sound system is excellent.

Favorite Features

Instrument panel. Sound system, overall build quality, eco-friendliness.

Suggested Improvements

more power, other than that absolutely wonderful

Great overall car
By JP

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost 3 months and it's been great! The car is fun to drive and averaged 41 MPG on long distance highway drives. Combined city/highway has been about 33MPG. I'm really impressed with the performance and the looks of the car. I'm happy with my switch from a corolla to a civic and I expect the same long life and dependability that my Toyota had.

Favorite Features

The interior features are well designed and within easy reach, plus the hood is very low so it's easy to navigate through a parking lot or to park.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the 5speed auto had overdrive like my corolla had. The civic is definitely faster, but corolla's transmission was smoother with OD.

Awesome!
By klbeale

2009 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/High Performance Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is so fun to drive, it is amazing. To purchase a car with the performance, quality, below $20,000, is a steal. It has all the options except navigation, which I chose not to purchase. This car actually thinks for you. When driving, this car can scream down the road if you want it, with a redline of 8000 rpm, it flies. The handling is incredible, you almost feel like you are in a Indy car. If you are looking for a great small car, you must test drive the SI coupe.

Favorite Features

No doubt the six speed.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I could even think of is maybe more seat adjustments, lumbar support.

Exceeds Expectations
By Enginner1

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving for about two months now, no problems. Dash Interface takes a getting used to, but digital speedometer comes out preferable to old one. Got it for msrp price of an LX-S Auto. Design is quite unique, but in good taste. Leather enhances driving experience substantially. Plenty of space and excellent AC, I live in FL. usb-slot + steering wheel audio buttons best feature, a 8gb usb drive provides hours of quality music, no hassle of using aux cable, and no ipod necessary. Getting 30 mpg combined. Overall above average car for someone looking for a fun, unique, fuel efficient vehicle. Plan on driving it for years to come. No seat back problems, I'm in good health.

Favorite Features

usb slot + steering wheel radio controls. I actually like digital speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

A little less dashboard.