2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Car for the me
By afhonda on 09/30/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love the new LX-S version. It has the seats of an Si, and the leather wrapped steering wheel that you have to get an EX to get. I would suggest this car for anyone that has a little sporty nature, but wants to keep the gas tank full. Remember, it's no V8, it is however a peppy I4 that's why I gave it the 9 on performance. The Brakes are also impressive. There are also little things that I like too. An auxiliary jack for my iPod, good cup holders, tilt/telescopic wheel, and the cool speedometer.

Nice Wheels
By Jason on 09/29/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got mine Saturday, so I have not had a lot of time in it. I am 6'4" and I fit comfortably. So far so good, no complaints, the sun roof is nice.

So Far, So Good !
By bdazzled101 on 09/28/08 13:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After owning over a dozen American Made cars, this is my first Honda. The first thing I noticed was how "solid" the car felt. Looks like a small car on the outside, but inside it looks alot bigger than it actually is. Nice expansive interior. Layout of dash/interior very user friendly. Everything easy to reach and use. Wide front view while driving, no blind spots. Very comfortable seating & alot of room to spare & I'm 6' 1". The LX automatic is nicely equipped already. I'm adding blue interior lighting under the dash areas. Gas mileage is outstanding! 31 mpg in the city-so far. Advertised 28. If this car lives up to its past proven record while I own it, I'm buying another Honda later on!

In luv with my 09
By dawn on 09/27/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My exl 09 Honda Civic is more than I expected. I'm adding mudguards, window visors, moonroof visor, door guards, fitted floor mats, rear spoiler, garmin navigation. Went from VA. To Penn. Two days after buying my car and couldn't believe how great it runs.

Mike's Take
By Mike's Take on 09/26/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For $24.2K I wish I had waited for a Navigation system; But so far I like the sporty feel and highway handling. It zips through traffic and I drove a whole week before the 12.3 gallon tank needed filling. Getting 40+ mpg.

Love it!
By Frank on 09/26/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2007 civic EX for the 2009 version. That's how much I like these cars. It's always been my practice to buy the car that depreciates the least (even if you have to pay list), end trade every other year. I spend practically nothing on maintenance, and my cost is only minimal depreciation.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic in VA is:

$122 per month*