2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Freakin' Awesome!
By 2009civichybrid on 12/01/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I test drove a 2008 model before the 2009, and the feel and acceleration is much smoother and noticeably more responsive in the 2009 vs. 2008. I did not want to rate reliability, as I have only had the car for a couple weeks now. But for the two weeks I will just say 10. The Civic Hybrid is rated better in crash test than the Prius, and gets comparable fuel economy. I truly believe the Honda Civic Hybrid is a far better value than any other small or mid-sized hybrid vehicle on the market.

Great Little Car!
By jason60050 on 11/24/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been waiting about three months to purchase my new vehicle and I finally decided on a Civic. I had purchased a brand new one back in 2002 and this 2009 is by far a much nicer car, the visibility, comfort and build quality.

Civic Surprise
By CivicSurprise on 11/12/08 20:09 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over the last 15 years I have owned Audis, BMWs, Acuras and Mitsubishis. I have always been trying to find the right car for the small daily commutes and riding around town on small tasks. I always thought having a luxury car was the answer. I traded in my 2006 Acura TSX for the Civic. I was so surprised by this car. I have just enough creature comforts to get by but the ride is very surprising. The room inside is much bigger than I thought. Overall compared to all my other cars I have owned this is the right match for me. Love the gas mileage, comfort and overall use for this small sedan. As reviewed the Civic does have some road noise but it is no louder than an Acura and BMW is louder

No remote trunk access on LX?
By Juan on 11/07/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic LX two weeks ago and am generally very pleased with it. BUT, I am disappointed that Honda has not entered the 21st century along with Saturn and other cars by providing remote trunk access with their Civic LX. The apparent reason: to provide a disincentive to buy the LX, and push you to buy an EX for $2000 more. So, if you have kids, if you shop and appreciate easy trunk access as you lug items to the car, buy another car. Is remote trunk access worth $2000? Not in my book. Next car will be a Toyota.

AWESOME
By Jryan on 11/07/08 07:49 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. Went from the luxury 07 Nissan Maxima to this Honda. Great choice. Gas mileage is awesome. Has all the toys (voice nav, bluetooth, XM). Can't beat that.

Fun car!
By rm on 11/02/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this a week ago and love it! So much fun to drive. Heated leather seats are great in the cold the weather, love the one-touch sunroof. At first I wasn't sure about the split dash when I was shopping around, but after driving it it's so easy to get used and actually a lot better for checking your speed. Great on gas too.

SO FAR, AWESOME
By happy on 11/01/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have only had the car 2 weeks. LOVE IT. I have had Mercedes 300, a New Jaguar, Jeep, RX-8 and everything in between. I might be getting older, but this car is so much fun to drive and for the money, I am impressed!

Excellent choice
By Mr. Henry on 10/31/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

In my opinion this is best value for the money car on the market. The fit and finish of the leather and the whole interior is top-notch, and clearly beats out the 2009 Corolla that I test drove. Both the Corolla and Civic are very close, but Honda has the edge in appearance inside and out, as well as build quality. The doors have a nice thud to it, almost like a luxury car, while the Corolla had a slight rattle every timed you closed the driver side door. It's those little things that made me give Honda my cash. Both Honda and Toyota are rated #1 and #2 in reliability so it's hard to go wrong...

2009 LX-S Manual
By craig stambaugh on 10/28/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove just about every competitor with the idea I did not want a Civic. After 5 weeks and numerous test drives there was only one choice; the Civic. Handling, MPG, styling and the track record of the Civic's reliability won out. The only car that came close was the Mazda 3. The LX-S comes standard with 16" alloy wheels, small spoiler and "SI like" seats. The fit and finish are excellent. I got 34.1 mpg on my first tank (2/3 highway). The car handles like a dream and the manual trans is typical Honda, smooth as silk. My Civic replaces my sporty 1994 Ford Probe (Mazda mechanicals) after 201,000 miles. Trust me, all things considered, the Civic is the best car in its class.

Hot buy si
By mibrego on 10/27/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/High Performance Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Thrilled every time I'm behind the wheel of my redline orange si. Nowadays, I look for every opportunity to run errands. Not only is driving a manual again after a decade's hiatus great fun, but doing so in this pocket rocket is even more exhilarating. Still under the 600 mile break in period, so I rarely take the rpm above 6000 rpm, yet still, this machine shows tremendous spunk off the starting block. Was close to getting a Civic EX coupe but am so relieved I followed my heart (instead of pocket- book) to settle for this Si coupe. For three grand more, I know I got a car that stirs excitement and delivers both reliability and fun.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic in VA is:

$122 per month*