Used 2009 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Small Glitch, Otherwise Great
By Ray

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 Impala for the Civic LX-S, totally different styles, but, upon coming to the dealer I said: I have only 2 requests, itís got to be silver and itís got to be manual. And guess what? They had only one that came in that morning. Loved it unconditionally until it had 134 miles on the odometer, and shut off by itself in 5th gear at 50mph, kept on downshifting trying to get going again, got going again sputtering a little and with almost 300 miles being fine so far, I just need to trust it again, but, it is a blast to drive, no complaints on the goodyears, sticky enough, clutch pedal like butter, love the steering wheel, would just love some alloy rims, but, the price was right.

Dashboard design and lights. Body style and finish. Air controls and radio. Happy revving engine.

All weather floor mats on top of carpet and remote trunk lid release would be nice.

I LOVE It!!!
By Adrian

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. It is my first car and I love it. It looks great and it is actually kinda strong for a 1.8 L engine. Its better than a lot of 2.0 L engines because it preforms better on gas but has as much power as a 2.0 L engine. Its fun to drive and the speedometer is soooooo unique. Everyone that rides in my car loves it. This car is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend so much money on gas and perfect for someone that wants a car that's worth your money, not to mention how long this car will last. I JUST LOVE IT.

The speedometer is SO NICE, the interior is black and stylish but u may need to keep a lint roller with u but that's ok with me. Rear lip deck spoiler looks amazing; it's also very responsive on the road! Its great on gas - helps the environment has an i-VTEC engine! :] It's a FAST car! :]

Speakers are a bit soft but its ok with me. Front bumper is really low to the ground. Be CAREFUL of low driveways the bottom bumper will get scratched but its ok cuz u can't see it.

I am a believer
By Danny T in OKC

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st new car I have ever purchased and the 1st Honda I have ever owned. I have always respected the quality that Honda cars represent -- and now I understand why it is actually so deserved. Plus, it is just damn fun to drive. Feeling like I made one of the best choices I have ever made in my adult life purchasing my Honda Civic. I love it. (It's almost sick.)

The overall design & lines of the car, heated leather seats, incredible paint, blaster a/c, sheer comfort, lotsa great visibility all around, fuel efficiency, sound system.

Give us the option to turn off the 'chirp' when I turn on the alarm system. My neighbors would like that.

Staying Young at 61
By Hal M.

2009 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/High Performance Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had several Accords, so I know how reliable Hondas are. I have had my Si for a year now, and it's the S2000 I didn't buy for reasons of practicality. I was 60 when I bought this sports car with a trunk and a (roomy) back seat. I love the styling, the performance, and most of all... the seats! These are the best seats I have ever had in any car; great back support, and with the red stitching and Si logo, they look way cool. I average about 25 miles per gallon in mixed driving (best was 28), not bad considering its hard to resist putting your foot down to experience the i-VTEC rush that kicks in at 6k rpm. I wish it was quieter, though. Engine noise is cool, but lots of road noise, too.

Seats, handling, clutch action, acceleration (at higher rpms), ergonomics, styling, digital speedo. This car is a ton of fun to drive; I look forward to my two 30-minute commutes everyday. I wish it was legal (for me) to drive faster; this car loves 95 mph. Affordability.

Visibility: passenger headrest and B- pillar combine to create a blind spot. A-pillars and mirrors do the same. Exposed welds on doors. Road noise is intrusive unless pavement is ideal. Shifter occasionally notchy going into 2nd/3rd; depress clutch firmly. Make spoiler optional. 89-octane fuel.

Great car for the money!
By kauaiboy

2009 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my mind set to buy a 4 door, but when I saw the 2-dr coupe, my reaction was "Wow!". I've been driving it for less than a month, and just loving it! For the price, you can't beat it. Averaging about 32mpg, probably due to mix of city & hwy driving.

Love the dashboard, especially the blue, great sound system, and aerodynamics of this car. Very peppy engine! Love the sliding cover for the cup holders.

Improve road noise a little.