2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good small economy car with a zest!
By HONDA FAN on 12/29/08 11:50 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at Toyota Corolla S which is slightly cheaper than this Honda Civic LX. Honda civic provide a better grip on the road and fun to drive. I have the car for almost two months and I averaged like 30 miles per gallon on both city and highway. Very agile and preppy comparable to my Acura Integra. I love the double cluster gauge specially when you are cruising. It gives you the exact mileage. The least favorites are the following: 1) No trunk remote release for this model. 2) The plastic are easily marked. 3) 40/60 split on the rear seats. Now is the best time to buy a Honda for you can get more than 1,000 off the MRSP price of this car.

Very good car
By steve on 12/20/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for about a month and overall I am happy with it. It drives really smoothly but lacks the sporty fun to drive feel. I had a Camry for my first car and happily the sound system is so much better in the civic.

Impressive Compact
By David Harper on 12/19/08 18:49 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had my Civic LX sedan (automatic) one day but this is one impressive car. I love the way this car looks, handles, and rides. This generation of Civics reminds me of the Accords from years ago, and this is one thing that attracted me to the new Civic. I test drove an Accord LX this week and it was a great large car, but the Civic's handling blew away the Accord's. Overall, this car looks and drives like it should be far more expensive.

A More reliable Merceds C Class
By Dave92029 on 12/19/08 07:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2009 Civic LX feels as good if not better than my previous Mercedes C Class cars. The Civic is all grown up, providing plenty of comfort and space. The build quality is exceptional. This car feels very solid yet eats up the local mountain roads. The handling feels planted and sure footed. The steering response is positive and easy to judge. Pure pleasure on a twisty road. My only complaint is the radio. The speakers lack dynamic range. They sound muddy. I believe that the LX is a 4 speaker audio without a tweeter. The bass and mid range are also not very clean and sharp. I have tried to adjust the bass, and tweeter but the speakers stink! I love the Civic, except for the speakers.

Traded in Element for Civic, loving it
By talktozee on 12/16/08 09:01 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my Element for a Civic because of gas mileage. I looked at Corollas, Scions, and even a Ford Fusion. In the end I had to fall back on the reliability and resale value of the Civic, and boy am I glad I did. The Civic isn't a performance car, nor is it entirely comfortable on long rides. But the interior is top notch, the steering and acceleration is responsive, the USB iPod interface is a nice touch, and the OVER 30 MPG average that I've been experiencing over the last 2000 miles has been amazing. Sure, I can't haul as much as I used to, but I never really did, and the Civic is a great car I will use for years to come.

A great car
By Gregg on 12/14/08 07:54 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased our Civic DX-VP yesterday. I had looked at a Toyota Yaris as my commuter car, but was able to buy the Civic for just $25/month more than the subcompact Yaris (comparing 60 month loans), and the Civic is a MUCH better car. The DX-VP does not have power locks, but it does have air conditioning and a good sound system, as well as power windows. This car is all Honda. Great styling, great engine, great historic reliability for the Civic sedans. I expect to be driving this car 15 years from now.

I love this car!
By caresw on 12/12/08 07:36 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had higher end vehicles, audi and volvos. I wanted something that was a little more suited for a commuter. At first I wasn't excited about going to a Civic. I gave it a chance, and I LOVE IT! I can't believe I didn't own one earlier. It is so zippy, and fun to drive. I love the oil life indicator, as a woman, that takes the guess work out of maintenance. The interior is HUGE! My daughter's car seat has plenty of room, and my husband, a bigger guy, fits great as well. If you need a commuter car, try a civic, you will love it!

Love this baby
By sandy on 12/12/08 04:56 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just got through the break in period! Love this little car! I keep my cars till they die. Love to drive this car and have had other hondas 300000 + miles on them.

Recent Convert
By okhondadrvr on 12/10/08 11:02 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My chief priority in my purchase this time was fuel economy. I was a little nervous going from my large sedan (Ford 500) to a smaller economy type car. After driving several makes and models, I decided to go with the Civic. I am not disappointed at all. I went with the LX-S because I liked the black interior and some of the extras it came with. The car handles great and the 4 cylinder has surprising power. The fuel economy is better than expected. 4 fill ups and I have been getting 30 + mpg with over 70% being city driving. The interior is very roomy even for my 6'3 frame. The car feels very solid and just a lot better quality then all the competition I looked at. New Honda convert.

Exceeding my expectations
By dave92029 on 12/05/08 09:40 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The build quality of the '09 LX is equal to my last C Class Mercedes and the reliability will be much better at half the price. This vehicle is a solid, comfortable, quiet fun car to drive. When I pause to think about what I paid for this wonderful car I just have to laugh. The LX is a wonderful value, while also being lots of fun to drive. I'm so happy that I bought this car and wonder others pay so much more for those "high priced" brands.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic in VA is:

$122 per month*