Used 2009 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 279 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

What Corolla should learn from...!
By Cali_guy

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car due to its non- cliche styling, reliability, and performance. I love the way it rides, handles, quietness and the overall uniqueness. I was caught between the Corolla and it was a great revamp but it looked to cliche "family" type, the horsepower never changed, and the interior looked ehh, boring. It took me awhile to get use to the clunking when out and putting in gear... the dealer told me the brakes are magnetic or so. Although, for 140 horses it has a lot of go especially on overdrive but I think a lil more pep should be added. Anyways I love the car -- it was a great deal and I get compliments and looks because it's just different from the rest.

Dash, suspension, handling, controls and VERY spacious than Toyota or Hyundai. It's quiet on the freeway and city driving.

Although there is some small issues with some of the paneling rattling or loose plastics... it's no biggy cuz it's a solid structure. The speakers on it may need to be changed, it sounds a bit cheap. The ONLY annoying part of it is the head rest for the driver and the passenger... it's a bit angled much.

Awesome Sports Car!
By Malcolm

2009 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

For just under 22K in 2008 when they first came out (it's a 2009 remember), this car has been great! It's a sedan; so a family car that I have gotten up to 32mpg in! Five people can be worked out and 4 can be comfortable in the race-inspired seats. The seats go with the sweet interior, great sound system, almost heads up display, and all the buttons on the steering wheel. But it's also a race car! Stiffened suspension on the 17's and a 200hp engine work well to make a very fun practical car that's great for everyday!

The power in a family sedan is great! The interior is all race inspired, and the 6 speed gearbox. Also the sneak attack of this almost plain looking civic when all 200hp burst forth with a roar in the vtec range!

18's as option for stock, something more than a wing and si logo to tell it apart from other cars

Civic EX
By amber

2009 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First Honda. Had a Matrix before this. Love the look of this car and the way it drives. Antilock brakes occasionally feel "crunchy." Auto transmission doesn't always shift smoothly. Axle nut loose after 6000 miles. Do not like the auto up windows or the seat belt alarm that takes forever to go off. (I know, I know, it's illegal to not wear a seatbelt!) 35 mpg hwy is great. Not so good city driving. About 24 mpg. Combo driving is still good. Ride is hard but will try the lower tire pressure.

Looks and drives great. Good trunk size. Controls on steering wheel are good.

Auto up windows are a pain. Seatbelt alarm should remind and go off. Would like a thicker steering wheel.

Very good, but still lacking
By Sam

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car after owning many minivans. Most of the time I don’t have my family onboard, so it is a waste of $ and fuel to drive around a bigger size vehicle. First time for me to own a foreign vehicle. Overall I am impressed with the quality of everything, everything works nicely together. I love the small sport-sized steering wheel, good handling (some body lean, though), no squeaks & rattles; overly well built. Fuel economy so far is not that great (about 23mpg average), but having just 1,700 miles, I hope it will improve with time. I miss the illuminated power window switches - mirror switches which I use once in a lifetime is lighted, but window switches are not (except driver's)!

Small steering wheel, sporty feel, good handling, no squeaks or rattles, quality of controls, knobs & stalks. Cruise control are nice on the steering wheel, but too dim. I also love AUX IN, but it's very difficult to reach w/ 1 hand.

Remote trunk release, turning radius, extendable sun visor, variable speed wipers, wipers to cover more of windshield, improve stereo, improve road noise, door grab handle, lighted controls 4 windows / ignition key ring, light glove box, lumbar, ext. temp. gauge, bluetooth, ditch Japanese horn sound. I would also like front lamps to come on when you open front door.

Very nice car and 60% US part contents
By frank875

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very nice car, very reliable, I don't even think will I make it anywhere. Great gas mileage. Assembled in East Liberty Ohio with 60% US part contents...check out some Pontiacs G3- G4s, etc. Some 100% Japan. The only bad thing I have to say about the Civic...that it wouldn't hurt to get some snow tires for snow, my escort handled better in the snow. Other then that, I always get people looking at my car, very nice looking car and great style.

Interior...exterior.

Need snow tires for winter driving...for snow.