Economic and reliable, but terribly built
By connorhol on
2009 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
The car handles well enough and has decent power. A 6th gear would have been welcome, but there 5spd auto is sufficient. It's a good looking car with good featured and it gets good gas mileage. The area where the civic FAILS is I'm build quality. My rear LED brake light had to be replaced due to a bad solder point - a known defect. The interior rattles more than it should. The clearcoat on the hood was cracking and failing, but thankfully was fixed when I got a new hood due to hail damage. The driver seat has started squeaking loudly when I go over a bump, sometimes while entering and exiting the vehicle as well. This is a known issue with seat frame and I'm working with the dealer.
Favorite Features
Car is good looking and gets good gas mileage. Stereo is pretty good and I love the iPod connectivity. Gas mileage is very good as long as you keep your foot out of it.
Suggested Improvements
Less road noise, esp. at highway speeds, get with the times and get SIX speeds in your gearbox, and above all, improve the APPALLING build quality. This is my first and last Honda. I expected more from this brand, especially one known for refined vehicles. Save yourself the annoyance and buy something else. I'll be buying a Volkswagen or Hyundai next time around.