Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Elegant feeling Civic
By MedVet

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle replaces a 2000 Honda Accord I owned. I have been very happy with my previous car and having driven 6,000 miles with this current vehicle, I am very happy I purchased it. Though, small, the Civic feels very roomy and spacious for its size. The gauge layout is interesting, but has become very beneficial for me. The voice activated navigation is a great feature and being able to connect my phone for the hands free link is perfect for me. I am happy I stayed with Honda.

Favorite Features

Voice activated navigation system and hands free link.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes the voice recognition mistakes what you are trying to say; perhaps having it recognize certain words so it can repeat what you are attempting to say so you can confirm or deny the step before it acts upon what it thinks you are saying.

Honda LX Sedan
By bbk

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This a very nice car for the money. It has good features at this price point and more standard features than the Nissan Sentra I owned previously.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel, foot rest, I like the instrument panel and the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

It is too low to the ground and hits curbs and cement blocks when parking head first. There is a little too much (rattling) noise and that surprised me.

Where is the legendary quality???
By NM

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

All I hear about is Honda quality and reliability. So I decide to pick up a Civic for the supposed worry free experience. First night I get the car, I hear a squeaking sound from the driver side front wheel area on any road imperfection. Take it for service, and I am told they had to inject foam into an area between two body panels that were rubbing against each other. Pick it up the next day, and notice a rattling sound from the rear while turning on way home from dealer. Take it back to test drive with master tech. While doing so with tech, I lower window, and hear a squeaking sound. Tech laughs, I curse. All of this before 90 miles on car. First and last Honda.

Favorite Features

Interior design and materials. Don't have much else to offer in the compliment department, as car has spent most of its days at dealer. Bought it only 5 days ago.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality. Squeaks and rattles on a brand new car. By the way, I am not picky, and none of these issues were minor sounds. Also, wind noise, from what I believe to be poor sideview mirror design. I bring up with tech, and he says I haven't been the first to mention this. Unacceptable!!!!

From GM to Honda... smart move!!
By blink1342

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Having been a GM fan for years, I see what I have been missing... I am impressed with this vehicle I have had it for a week now, and I can't stop driving it. It makes me want to drive, is fun to drive, gas is great! You can't go wrong with this choice, in my opinion. At least test drive one and you'll see what I mean. Good resale value as well. Lease rates are amazingly low compared to other Japanese automakers.

Favorite Features

IPOD jack, seats, wipers, yellow taillights (new for 2009) and improved front grill for 09 as well. Dash is open and welcoming. Odometer dimmer function.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing at this point. Maybe make the telescopic steering come even closer to the driver :)... no real complaints here.

Good Car, Some quirks
By CivicsOKwithMe

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Civic for about 2 months now and I really enjoy it. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this vehicle and it has lived up to almost everything I heard/read. I love both the interior and exterior styling -- the two tier dash is my favorite. The quality of the interior materials is far beyond that of some of its competitors, namely the Toyota Corolla. I read some other reviews that complained about the lack of a remote trunk release, 60/40 rear split seats, and outside temperature gauge: All of these features are available on the EX trim. My only complaint is the gas mileage...I average about 27 mpg. Based on my research, I was expecting better fuel economy.

Favorite Features

2 tier dash, roomy, high-quality interior, alloy wheels, steering wheel mounted audio controls

Suggested Improvements

City gas mileage.