Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civitastic!
By Kent

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have an 02 Odyssey EXL. Wanted a car with similar features and the EXL is very close. So much fun to drive the 02 sits now. Very quiet, tight fitting doors, NO complaints! Great gas mileage, last trip averaged 41MPG over 1200 miles. Very, very happy, it was an anniversary gift to each other!

Auto moonroof, heated leather seats, split dash all controls within easy reach. Great trunk liner, mud guards and slick fitting spoiler. Love the NO antenna look.

Power seats, auto off headlights, hard to improve something when it's already top of the compact line.

Honda 2009 3 month review
By BADGES

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda Civic is a great car to drive. It handles well and it is fun to drive. The air conditioning on warm days takes a little while to get cool. Have not experienced the mileage that Honda claims the car gets. The Ipod connection is great. I am experiencing a noise that is coming from the passenger side dashboard that I cannot locate. Taking back to Honda to see what their service people tell me. Once this issue is corrected I would recommend this car to anyone.

Steering wheel, fun to drive. Ipod connection.

Remote seats in the front. More control of the Ipod features.

Not thrilled for the price
By b2b

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nice looking car, like the led tail lights and digital dash, but I'm 5'6 and smash my shin each and every time I enter this car. Poor design there, seats could be more comfortable, lots of rattles and squeaks and idles rough at red lights. I have the basic VP model, and although it features power windows, there are manual locks and mirrors! This was almost $19k at my dealer. I wish I had done more research on other cars before leasing this. It's really not worth the $$ at all.

Digital dash, large trunk, tail lights.

Some redesign needed on bottom of dash on driver's side. More comfortable seats would be nice. Power locks on VP model.

Worst Purchase Ever
By Ayse Ozkan

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Considering it is a brand new car, it is extremely noisy as if the windows are not completely closed. It has a very low clearance that makes you feel you are sitting on the floor and you hear and feel every grain of sand that hits the bottom of the car. The steering wheel is very small, especially for a petite person. When it is windy, I feel like I don't have a good control of the car because I cannot rest my left arm on the door as I was used to doing with my previous cars. It does not show the outside temperature. I think this feature should be mandatory for every car that is made. My husband convinced me to buy it and I regret it very much. That was my worst purchase ever.

None

Less noise, outside temperature display should be must, more comfortable seats, slightly bigger steering wheel.

Great car, but...
By Sygma

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 LX 4DR in October 2008 and have been very pleased with the car's performance and economical aspects. However, at 9,800 miles the front wheels began making squeaking sounds, rolling forward or back, whether or not the brakes were applied. When I took the car to the dealer, the service writer said the brakes were WORN OUT. Those squeaking noises are the brake sensors indicating a need for brake pad change. Now, I've owned many new cars in my life but I can't recall EVER having to change disc brake pads at 9,800 miles. Brakes are not covered under warranty, so I paid $269 for new brakes. Where is the low cost of ownership Honda claims? Honda Customer Service was no help.

Roominess, interior layout, styling, fuel economy, fun to drive.

Cup holders for back seat passengers on LX. More durable disc brake pad material, for all models. Remote trunk release for LX. Better speakers on LX.