2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic Surprise
By CivicSurprise on 11/12/08 20:09 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over the last 15 years I have owned Audis, BMWs, Acuras and Mitsubishis. I have always been trying to find the right car for the small daily commutes and riding around town on small tasks. I always thought having a luxury car was the answer. I traded in my 2006 Acura TSX for the Civic. I was so surprised by this car. I have just enough creature comforts to get by but the ride is very surprising. The room inside is much bigger than I thought. Overall compared to all my other cars I have owned this is the right match for me. Love the gas mileage, comfort and overall use for this small sedan. As reviewed the Civic does have some road noise but it is no louder than an Acura and BMW is louder

No remote trunk access on LX?
By Juan on 11/07/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic LX two weeks ago and am generally very pleased with it. BUT, I am disappointed that Honda has not entered the 21st century along with Saturn and other cars by providing remote trunk access with their Civic LX. The apparent reason: to provide a disincentive to buy the LX, and push you to buy an EX for $2000 more. So, if you have kids, if you shop and appreciate easy trunk access as you lug items to the car, buy another car. Is remote trunk access worth $2000? Not in my book. Next car will be a Toyota.

AWESOME
By Jryan on 11/07/08 07:49 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. Went from the luxury 07 Nissan Maxima to this Honda. Great choice. Gas mileage is awesome. Has all the toys (voice nav, bluetooth, XM). Can't beat that.

Fun car!
By rm on 11/02/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this a week ago and love it! So much fun to drive. Heated leather seats are great in the cold the weather, love the one-touch sunroof. At first I wasn't sure about the split dash when I was shopping around, but after driving it it's so easy to get used and actually a lot better for checking your speed. Great on gas too.

Excellent choice
By Mr. Henry on 10/31/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

In my opinion this is best value for the money car on the market. The fit and finish of the leather and the whole interior is top-notch, and clearly beats out the 2009 Corolla that I test drove. Both the Corolla and Civic are very close, but Honda has the edge in appearance inside and out, as well as build quality. The doors have a nice thud to it, almost like a luxury car, while the Corolla had a slight rattle every timed you closed the driver side door. It's those little things that made me give Honda my cash. Both Honda and Toyota are rated #1 and #2 in reliability so it's hard to go wrong...

2009 LX-S Manual
By craig stambaugh on 10/28/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove just about every competitor with the idea I did not want a Civic. After 5 weeks and numerous test drives there was only one choice; the Civic. Handling, MPG, styling and the track record of the Civic's reliability won out. The only car that came close was the Mazda 3. The LX-S comes standard with 16" alloy wheels, small spoiler and "SI like" seats. The fit and finish are excellent. I got 34.1 mpg on my first tank (2/3 highway). The car handles like a dream and the manual trans is typical Honda, smooth as silk. My Civic replaces my sporty 1994 Ford Probe (Mazda mechanicals) after 201,000 miles. Trust me, all things considered, the Civic is the best car in its class.

Awesome Car!
By SunnyCA84 on 10/22/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this great car for 1month now and I love it! The ride is so comfortable and the interior space is large. This is my 1st car that I am making payments on and I am so glad that this is the car that I chose.

Love my Honda
By peteacherusa on 10/16/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first Honda I have ever owned and I LOVE IT! I was driving a van and getting 22 mpg. It was costing me a bundle so after researching fuel efficient cars I decided on the Civic. It's getting 36 mpg right out of the gate! I'm thrilled with my decision and if it holds up like everyone says, then my daughter who will be driving in 5 years will be thrilled with it too. It holds my four kids comfortably and is roomy enough for my husband to drive and not feel cramped.

New LX Sport
By oconn11 on 10/14/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The new LX Sport is for those who do not want an EX (sunroof) but want upgraded class vs the LX. Just over 100 miles so far so good. Very peppy, comfy ride, handles very well.

Love it!
By CIVICLVR. on 10/10/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had a 99' Honda Civic before this - just the basic model- and it was a really reliable car, compared to an 06' liberty I drove. I've only had my 09' CIVIC for a week and I love it, I can hardly wait to drive it every day. I bought the EX-L version because I wanted all the bells and whistles, and I don't regret getting this one. It honestly drives like a BMW - loads of fun to drive, even if you are just cruising and very comfortable to ride in. I always turn heads in this car. Perfect for a college student looking for a sporty, luxury, economical, reliable car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Sedan in WA is:

$151 per month*