Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I am a believer
By Danny T in OKC

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st new car I have ever purchased and the 1st Honda I have ever owned. I have always respected the quality that Honda cars represent -- and now I understand why it is actually so deserved. Plus, it is just damn fun to drive. Feeling like I made one of the best choices I have ever made in my adult life purchasing my Honda Civic. I love it. (It's almost sick.)

The overall design & lines of the car, heated leather seats, incredible paint, blaster a/c, sheer comfort, lotsa great visibility all around, fuel efficiency, sound system.

Give us the option to turn off the 'chirp' when I turn on the alarm system. My neighbors would like that.

Clunker Trade for a Tall Person
By Bob

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We were lured into a new car thanks to the CARS programs. We looked at many small cars, and found stock shortages at most big three dealerships. I am 6'4 and this car has lots of headroom, but not quite as much leg room as desired. My right leg rests uncomfortably on the hand brake. But not enough of an issue to not go for it. Was more comfortable in the Fit, but the discounts on the civic were greater.

Gas mileage. Fun car. High quality for a "cheap" small car. Dealers willing to discount, get two dealers to bid against each other! Got below invoice.

Move the hand brake. Add a few more inches in legroom. Work on transmission lag when passing. (Annoying lag when aggressive pedal at 30+, seems like the transmission shifts down too slow.)

Civic
By Jo

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best car. The car not only looks great, but it is very comfortable to ride and drive. It has so many nice features inside the vehicle. If you are still not sure if you want to buy a civic, think no more, go for it, you will not regret it.

Classy exterior, nice interior design and features, engine run very quite.

Excellent Car! A+++
By Kevin

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is truly an excellent car. I am 6'3 and have ZERO comfort problems. There is plenty of space for the driver and passengers. I have read some reviews about people complaining about the parking break... but it's fine. Also, a few people have complained about there being no trunk-release. Are you serious!?!? Cry me a river while I turn a key to open up my trunk. The mileage is great, and the car drives so smoothly. I was very impressed at how smooth the car drives, very little bumps. Also, the road noise is fine.

Smooth ride, very spacious, standard audio sounds great. I love how the dashboard is digital. Overall, a very well made car that has produced zero complaints. It truly is amazing how much you get for such a small price tag.

You would think that the exterior of the car being small would be a negative...but it's not! It's amazing how much space you have in the car and also amazing how easy it is to drive and park because of the exterior not being freakishly big. EXCELLENT CAR! BUY IT!!!!

Love to drive
By nyker

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bough this car a month ago and already drove around 1.4K. Highway mileage is great, I got like 33 mph with air conditioner on. City mileage is not so good though, I am making only 22-23 mph. One of the reasons might be the fact that I usually have to drive in heavy traffic, go little and stop again. Road noise sometime can be a little excessive. Even a little bit of uneven road surface can cause uncomfortably loud grinding noise coming from suspension. Other than the noise problem, the car runs smooth. Always fun to drive. I even sometime intentionally miss the exit on the way to work just because I couldn't get enough of driving this car. Love both interior and exterior.

Spaceship like cabin design and digital display.

I would want better sound quality. A little less suspension and road noise.