Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Nice but gas mileage better on my 1999!
By Jules

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is nice looking, it is comfortable and the interior is a lot of bang for the buck considering the price. However, I do feel the engine is lacking a big, at only 2,500 miles I already feel a little idle rumble when I start the car and it's not nearly as good on gas as my 99 Civic EX which I also still have. That's a big disappointment to me. The brakes also seem like they are working super hard all the time and they make an awful noise when breaking on any type of hill. I don't believe they are going to last too long. Those are my only gripes, it's a nice little car.

Interior is roomy and comfortable. Trunk is a nice size. Love the dash and the controls for radio, etc. are easily accessible while driving. I do like the design for 2009 as well, the previous few years were a little too spaceship like for my taste.

Give room for two large cups to fit side by side in the cupholders. The lids of our large coffee cups get stuck on one another and you have to lift out the first cup to get out the 2nd without a spill. Brakes should be improved. Fuel economy not so great in comparison with my other 3 Hondas.

Love it!
By Ray

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my 2004 Impala with 90.000 miles for the civic lx-s, with 134 miles on I had a little (or big) problem, the engine stopped responding to the accelerator, I kept on pumping the pedal and downshifting (just in case) on the way down to 1st gear and it got going again, took to the dealer and did not find any problems, I just have to learn to trust again, but, I love the sporty feel of the car as a whole, steering wheel, dash, outside, donít care for the wheel covers (will probably fit some nice alloys). Love the happy revving engine and the Goodyears are just ok, but for what the car was design for, it is fitting. Over 300 miles now, loving it.

Finish, dashboard lights, hook up for aux. sound input, clutch & shifter package, plenty of room in the front (I ride solo most of the time).

Remote trunk release, all weather floor mats would not hurt, softer tires.

Small Glitch, Otherwise Great
By Ray

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 Impala for the Civic LX-S, totally different styles, but, upon coming to the dealer I said: I have only 2 requests, itís got to be silver and itís got to be manual. And guess what? They had only one that came in that morning. Loved it unconditionally until it had 134 miles on the odometer, and shut off by itself in 5th gear at 50mph, kept on downshifting trying to get going again, got going again sputtering a little and with almost 300 miles being fine so far, I just need to trust it again, but, it is a blast to drive, no complaints on the goodyears, sticky enough, clutch pedal like butter, love the steering wheel, would just love some alloy rims, but, the price was right.

Dashboard design and lights. Body style and finish. Air controls and radio. Happy revving engine.

All weather floor mats on top of carpet and remote trunk lid release would be nice.

I LOVE It!!!
By Adrian

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. It is my first car and I love it. It looks great and it is actually kinda strong for a 1.8 L engine. Its better than a lot of 2.0 L engines because it preforms better on gas but has as much power as a 2.0 L engine. Its fun to drive and the speedometer is soooooo unique. Everyone that rides in my car loves it. This car is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend so much money on gas and perfect for someone that wants a car that's worth your money, not to mention how long this car will last. I JUST LOVE IT.

The speedometer is SO NICE, the interior is black and stylish but u may need to keep a lint roller with u but that's ok with me. Rear lip deck spoiler looks amazing; it's also very responsive on the road! Its great on gas - helps the environment has an i-VTEC engine! :] It's a FAST car! :]

Speakers are a bit soft but its ok with me. Front bumper is really low to the ground. Be CAREFUL of low driveways the bottom bumper will get scratched but its ok cuz u can't see it.

I am a believer
By Danny T in OKC

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st new car I have ever purchased and the 1st Honda I have ever owned. I have always respected the quality that Honda cars represent -- and now I understand why it is actually so deserved. Plus, it is just damn fun to drive. Feeling like I made one of the best choices I have ever made in my adult life purchasing my Honda Civic. I love it. (It's almost sick.)

The overall design & lines of the car, heated leather seats, incredible paint, blaster a/c, sheer comfort, lotsa great visibility all around, fuel efficiency, sound system.

Give us the option to turn off the 'chirp' when I turn on the alarm system. My neighbors would like that.