2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Nice looking car but very bad city MPG
By Joe on 02/12/09 18:41 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had purchased this vehicle after my friends told me it was good on gas. Well I got a civic 2009 EX and the MPG is horrible. I am getting 23 miles per gallon on this car. My tank is half empty with only 110 miles. I wish I can take it back for a more economical one. Not to mention the price. Too high for this car. Honda, you're going cheap to improve gas efficiency on brand new cars. People you will not be happy paying over 20,000 for this MPG. I am not a rough rider either.

Hard to Beat
By NCMtnBoy on 01/21/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have over 4K miles on my LX and am averaging 35.4 mpg after running 10 tanks of gas through it. Ran it through it's first snow the other day and it handled remarkably well. My only regret is not having opted for the LX-S version, 'cause I'd like to have the alloy wheels.

Aimed To Please
By billyd09 on 01/05/09 02:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After having my 2009 Honda Civic LX-S for less than a week, I can say that I'm really happy with the purchase. The ride is smooth, so far it handles very well, the MPG are great (although I haven't filled up yet). Also, the interior is laid out very well. Everything you need and very easy to use. I'm a big fan of the black interior with the leather wrapped steering wheel in the LX-S model. I would advise anyone who buys the LX-S to buy the fog lights as an add-on, as they add a pop to the car. Also, this car looks so much better in person than in the pictures. In pictures this vehicle does not stand out, but in the road it does. Very happy with this car.

Good small economy car with a zest!
By HONDA FAN on 12/29/08 11:50 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at Toyota Corolla S which is slightly cheaper than this Honda Civic LX. Honda civic provide a better grip on the road and fun to drive. I have the car for almost two months and I averaged like 30 miles per gallon on both city and highway. Very agile and preppy comparable to my Acura Integra. I love the double cluster gauge specially when you are cruising. It gives you the exact mileage. The least favorites are the following: 1) No trunk remote release for this model. 2) The plastic are easily marked. 3) 40/60 split on the rear seats. Now is the best time to buy a Honda for you can get more than 1,000 off the MRSP price of this car.

Impressive Compact
By David Harper on 12/19/08 18:49 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had my Civic LX sedan (automatic) one day but this is one impressive car. I love the way this car looks, handles, and rides. This generation of Civics reminds me of the Accords from years ago, and this is one thing that attracted me to the new Civic. I test drove an Accord LX this week and it was a great large car, but the Civic's handling blew away the Accord's. Overall, this car looks and drives like it should be far more expensive.

A More reliable Merceds C Class
By Dave92029 on 12/19/08 07:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2009 Civic LX feels as good if not better than my previous Mercedes C Class cars. The Civic is all grown up, providing plenty of comfort and space. The build quality is exceptional. This car feels very solid yet eats up the local mountain roads. The handling feels planted and sure footed. The steering response is positive and easy to judge. Pure pleasure on a twisty road. My only complaint is the radio. The speakers lack dynamic range. They sound muddy. I believe that the LX is a 4 speaker audio without a tweeter. The bass and mid range are also not very clean and sharp. I have tried to adjust the bass, and tweeter but the speakers stink! I love the Civic, except for the speakers.

Traded in Element for Civic, loving it
By talktozee on 12/16/08 09:01 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my Element for a Civic because of gas mileage. I looked at Corollas, Scions, and even a Ford Fusion. In the end I had to fall back on the reliability and resale value of the Civic, and boy am I glad I did. The Civic isn't a performance car, nor is it entirely comfortable on long rides. But the interior is top notch, the steering and acceleration is responsive, the USB iPod interface is a nice touch, and the OVER 30 MPG average that I've been experiencing over the last 2000 miles has been amazing. Sure, I can't haul as much as I used to, but I never really did, and the Civic is a great car I will use for years to come.

A great car
By Gregg on 12/14/08 07:54 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased our Civic DX-VP yesterday. I had looked at a Toyota Yaris as my commuter car, but was able to buy the Civic for just $25/month more than the subcompact Yaris (comparing 60 month loans), and the Civic is a MUCH better car. The DX-VP does not have power locks, but it does have air conditioning and a good sound system, as well as power windows. This car is all Honda. Great styling, great engine, great historic reliability for the Civic sedans. I expect to be driving this car 15 years from now.

I love this car!
By caresw on 12/12/08 07:36 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had higher end vehicles, audi and volvos. I wanted something that was a little more suited for a commuter. At first I wasn't excited about going to a Civic. I gave it a chance, and I LOVE IT! I can't believe I didn't own one earlier. It is so zippy, and fun to drive. I love the oil life indicator, as a woman, that takes the guess work out of maintenance. The interior is HUGE! My daughter's car seat has plenty of room, and my husband, a bigger guy, fits great as well. If you need a commuter car, try a civic, you will love it!

Recent Convert
By okhondadrvr on 12/10/08 11:02 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My chief priority in my purchase this time was fuel economy. I was a little nervous going from my large sedan (Ford 500) to a smaller economy type car. After driving several makes and models, I decided to go with the Civic. I am not disappointed at all. I went with the LX-S because I liked the black interior and some of the extras it came with. The car handles great and the 4 cylinder has surprising power. The fuel economy is better than expected. 4 fill ups and I have been getting 30 + mpg with over 70% being city driving. The interior is very roomy even for my 6'3 frame. The car feels very solid and just a lot better quality then all the competition I looked at. New Honda convert.