Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Awesome car!!!
By bori

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2009 EX for 3 months now and love it! Much more comfortable than the Corolla that I used to have. No complaints from me. There are times when I start it up it takes a couple of extra seconds to get the engine running. I've discovered if I park on the smallest hill sometimes there's a 'clunking' noise as I shift from P to R, also there are times when I shift from R to D I've noticed the engine accelerates a little as the tachometer indicates, but other than those minor things the '09 Civic is definitely an awesome car to own!!!

Love the dashboard design. One of the main reasons why I bought this car. Quite comfortable as well. Very convenient steering wheel audio and cruise control buttons.

Adding a digital compass on the rear-view mirror or on the dashboard would be a nice feature. Also, merging the fuel and temp 'squares' as a continuous line along with the appropriate colors, i.e. red for low fuel or hot engine. A 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 fuel indicator at the appropriate fuel level.

One recommendation not mentioned...
By Joe

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is pretty everything everyone says it is. It is my 5th Civic and so far, the best of them all. One thing I can attest to is the ride quality if your lower the air pressure by two pounds. It calls for 32psi, but at that level the ride is rather stiff. If you lower the air pressure down to 30psi, you will find the ride quality greatly improved without a loss in fuel economy. Since these tires do not last for much more than 30K, you will not lose any wear in dropping the pressure by 2 pounds. It will make a huge difference in the ride quality. Try it and you will see for yourself.

Speedometer, seat comfort, steering wheel adjustments.

Radio sound quality is rather hollow even though it has a 160 watt radio standard. Some better speakers would help.

Fun Ride with Good Mileage
By bryan200k

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really like the dashboard layout. Having the digital speedometer on the second tier, I would actually consider a safety feature. It allows me to keep my eyes more on the road, by not having to look down as far to see my speed. I love the black seating in the LX-S, but as others have stated, it does attract the lint. Really love the gas mileage and the handling. It has the typical Honda suspension that you feel the road bumps and hear the road noise. It is fun to drive. Great visibility all around.

Gas mileage is better than I expected. Have never had a fill-up less then 30, and have had as good as 38.5. I love the handling. Like the dashboard layout.

Move the emergency brake handle to another location. It rubs against the side of my knee. Add a remote trunk release to the key fob. Need more sound dampening for the road noise.

Safe, solid, satisfied
By edward

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2006 Honda Accord since new, and have been very pleased. Along came cash for clunkers, and I happened to have a '94 Explorer that I was ready to junk, and lo and behold, $4500 was too much to pass up for a new car. This '09 lx-s sedan is really the ticket! It's solid and responsive. The black interior is unique to other civics, and really sets it apart. Both the '06 and the '09 are white. Seems to be the best color for looking sharp and to keep clean, although I do like black. Have had the car for a couple of months, get 30 mpg average, and really like driving it. I've learned to keep my right knee away from the emergency brake handle. It bothered me at first.

Black interior, firm handling, solid construction.

Improve position of emergency brake handle.

It is a good car!
By Al in FL

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first new Honda for me. I commute about 100 miles/day. I tell you what. I get about 31-35 miles per gallon. Handling is good and fun to drive. However, road noise is high when you are on highway.

Great Handling, gadgets, and design.

Road Noise when at high speed >60 mph.