2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 10

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Not thrilled for the price
By b2b on 05/31/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nice looking car, like the led tail lights and digital dash, but I'm 5'6 and smash my shin each and every time I enter this car. Poor design there, seats could be more comfortable, lots of rattles and squeaks and idles rough at red lights. I have the basic VP model, and although it features power windows, there are manual locks and mirrors! This was almost $19k at my dealer. I wish I had done more research on other cars before leasing this. It's really not worth the $$ at all.

Worst Purchase Ever
By Ayse Ozkan on 05/27/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Considering it is a brand new car, it is extremely noisy as if the windows are not completely closed. It has a very low clearance that makes you feel you are sitting on the floor and you hear and feel every grain of sand that hits the bottom of the car. The steering wheel is very small, especially for a petite person. When it is windy, I feel like I don't have a good control of the car because I cannot rest my left arm on the door as I was used to doing with my previous cars. It does not show the outside temperature. I think this feature should be mandatory for every car that is made. My husband convinced me to buy it and I regret it very much. That was my worst purchase ever.

Great car, but...
By Sygma on 05/24/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 LX 4DR in October 2008 and have been very pleased with the car's performance and economical aspects. However, at 9,800 miles the front wheels began making squeaking sounds, rolling forward or back, whether or not the brakes were applied. When I took the car to the dealer, the service writer said the brakes were WORN OUT. Those squeaking noises are the brake sensors indicating a need for brake pad change. Now, I've owned many new cars in my life but I can't recall EVER having to change disc brake pads at 9,800 miles. Brakes are not covered under warranty, so I paid $269 for new brakes. Where is the low cost of ownership Honda claims? Honda Customer Service was no help.

Elegant feeling Civic
By MedVet on 05/22/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle replaces a 2000 Honda Accord I owned. I have been very happy with my previous car and having driven 6,000 miles with this current vehicle, I am very happy I purchased it. Though, small, the Civic feels very roomy and spacious for its size. The gauge layout is interesting, but has become very beneficial for me. The voice activated navigation is a great feature and being able to connect my phone for the hands free link is perfect for me. I am happy I stayed with Honda.

Honda LX Sedan
By bbk on 05/21/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This a very nice car for the money. It has good features at this price point and more standard features than the Nissan Sentra I owned previously.

Where is the legendary quality???
By NM on 05/11/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

All I hear about is Honda quality and reliability. So I decide to pick up a Civic for the supposed worry free experience. First night I get the car, I hear a squeaking sound from the driver side front wheel area on any road imperfection. Take it for service, and I am told they had to inject foam into an area between two body panels that were rubbing against each other. Pick it up the next day, and notice a rattling sound from the rear while turning on way home from dealer. Take it back to test drive with master tech. While doing so with tech, I lower window, and hear a squeaking sound. Tech laughs, I curse. All of this before 90 miles on car. First and last Honda.

From GM to Honda... smart move!!
By blink1342 on 05/06/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Having been a GM fan for years, I see what I have been missing... I am impressed with this vehicle I have had it for a week now, and I can't stop driving it. It makes me want to drive, is fun to drive, gas is great! You can't go wrong with this choice, in my opinion. At least test drive one and you'll see what I mean. Good resale value as well. Lease rates are amazingly low compared to other Japanese automakers.

Good Car, Some quirks
By CivicsOKwithMe on 05/05/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Civic for about 2 months now and I really enjoy it. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this vehicle and it has lived up to almost everything I heard/read. I love both the interior and exterior styling -- the two tier dash is my favorite. The quality of the interior materials is far beyond that of some of its competitors, namely the Toyota Corolla. I read some other reviews that complained about the lack of a remote trunk release, 60/40 rear split seats, and outside temperature gauge: All of these features are available on the EX trim. My only complaint is the gas mileage...I average about 27 mpg. Based on my research, I was expecting better fuel economy.

Great Car... But Room For Improvements
By Dave on 04/13/09 07:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall satisfaction is great, just a bit upset about the MPG, getting an average of 26 mpg with normal driving. Car handles very well and the steering is tight and responsive. Engine could use just a bit more power, but still not bad. Cold morning start is a bit rough. Road noise is present, but not too bad. Very reliable car, wish it had a better warranty just for the piece of mind, needs to be 5year/60k bumper to bumper especially for the price.

2009 honda civic Lx 4 dr.sedan ,1.8L 4cy
By honda civic on 04/05/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my civic for 2 weeks. I did not test drive the car. I wish I did. I don't like the braking takes too long to stop. The wind takes the car. I had a 2002 civic, I loved it. I just turned in my accord. I am so sorry I didn't get another one. I am stuck with it for 3 yrs. lease.