2009 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It's all about the VTEC
By engineaddict on 08/31/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic Si is a fun car to drive. Every time I get in the driver's seat, I smile to myself, even though I'm aware that fun doesn't mean winning over all of the other sporty cars on the road to the next signal light ('cause it is probably not going to happen). For those of you considering the Si, this is my recommendation: test drive at least 4 Civic Si's (so you know when one of these is dead). And, conduct your test drive in two phases: 1) gentle, "everyday" driving - this also allows the engine to warm up, too. 2) then, rev it out! The red line is 8000. Make it go there. If possible, turn off A/C & roll the windows down for this phase.

Civic si sedan
By mdschuet on 08/29/13 11:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I considered gti and civic si. Picked si thinking it would be more reliable. I was wrong. Many things have gone wrong and Honda will not fix unless you have deep pockets. Door handles stop working, trunk will stop working, and now 2nd gear is making noises and Honda wants 700 dollars just to open it up and diagnose. I bought this car to avoid this problem and here I am with the warrantee over, and transmission issues with 2.5 years left of payments. I'm stuck with it now, bought it for performance and excitement but now it's a point a to b car that I have to skip 2nd gear. It was fun and good until this. Get a warrantee or buy another car, I have 95,000 miles on it, and I drive good.

Fun, efficient, and reliable
By argimal on 10/30/11 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had the car for over two years now. Feels alot faster than it is. I love the high revving 4. Traded an S2000 for this because of family expansion. Haven't regretted yet. Would prefer a little more power but am satisfied. I commute 82 miles round trip to work and get 28-33 mpg depending on how hard I drive it, usually 29 mpg in mixed driving. 33 mpg on long trips consistently. Great car.

Great car for a great price
By zerostar on 06/10/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had always lusted after the Civic Si back when the 2000's were new. Once Honda went back to the hatch-style I moved on to other cars since it didn't fit my life. As soon as the new "Si Sedan" came out I knew what my next car would be. I purchased my 09' in June and have loved every second of it. This has got to be one of the funnest daily drivers out there, despite requiring premium gas I am still getting upwards of 26+MPG with very aggressive driving. The seats are a magnet for cat hair so I am going to need to upgrade these to leather soon :-) I have also (Eibach) dropped my car about 1.4" in front and back and the handling is much improved.

Great but could be better
By automax on 05/22/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I drive about 33,000 miles per year, mostly highway. This is one of a very few cars that can do commuting and playing at the same time and do them well. For commuting, it's comfortable, reliable and economical(I average 31 MPG, 2 MPG better then EPA estimates). When you want to play, just rev the crap out of it and it rewards you, handling is solid, power is great (above 6000 RPM), and engine notes are extraordinary. All it needs is more torque, if Honda put in the Japan only "R" engine, this thing would be nirvana on wheels. If you do a lot of commuting, yet enjoy a spirited drive, this is one of the best buys out there.

Silver 2009 Civic Si
By Civic Si on 04/08/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall I love my Civic Si but I want to write an objective review. My Si is comfortable, reliable and built with quality materials inside. It's fun to drive, however I've gotten used to the 197 hp and weak 139 lb ft torque; torque should be improved in the future. MPG varies depending on driver, I get between 17-21 mpg city. The paint is not the best. It will scratch quickly and rock chips cause more damage than it should. I spend too much time and $ trying to care for the paint/exterior. I'm not bothered by the two-tier dashboard. A noticeable problem with Honda's is road noise. Exterior design is getting old, needs to be overhauled IMO.

Si
By giosac on 02/22/10 21:27 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded mi EX for this Si. I have to say that is a very impressive car. You get a sedan and a sporty car at the same time. well balanced, great fun, great sound system. If anyone asks me one thing to change, i would change: Some features in the outside more than the Si badge or the spoiler. Maybe change the tail-lights or the thunk..i don't know, i just don't like the fact that sometimes people thinks my car is an EX and i just added a spoiler and bought a set of Si rims. I just love the way it feels and looks. I made a great purchase.

Great Car
By Jay on 01/16/10 12:48 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my S2000 for this car. I know its slower but can't tell from driving it. This car feels faster than it is. Its as much fun to drive as the S2000 was. I considered other cars but owned many Hondas in the past and haven't been disappointed by my decision to take this over WRX and MS3. I commute 82 miles round trip each day and enjoy every minute of it.

Excellent car
By Ben on 11/15/09 16:09 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great overall car. Has enough power to have some fun with yet still maintain its reliability and great gas mileage. No problems as of yet but still breaking the car in. Get comments from enthusiasts all the time about how clean it looks. This car serves and supports the reason why it was built. I love the interior but some may wish to have a different color as it is quite hard to keep clean.

What can I say, it's made by Honda
By graphixbyjeff on 10/31/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Civic Si and 2 weeks later took it on a 3,000 mile journey. My gas mileage was low 30's and the seats were comfortable. I am very satisfied with my purchase and use it as my everyday ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Si in VA is:

$140 per month*