2009 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It's all about the VTEC
By engineaddict on 08/31/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic Si is a fun car to drive. Every time I get in the driver's seat, I smile to myself, even though I'm aware that fun doesn't mean winning over all of the other sporty cars on the road to the next signal light ('cause it is probably not going to happen). For those of you considering the Si, this is my recommendation: test drive at least 4 Civic Si's (so you know when one of these is dead). And, conduct your test drive in two phases: 1) gentle, "everyday" driving - this also allows the engine to warm up, too. 2) then, rev it out! The red line is 8000. Make it go there. If possible, turn off A/C & roll the windows down for this phase.

Civic si sedan
By mdschuet on 08/29/13 11:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I considered gti and civic si. Picked si thinking it would be more reliable. I was wrong. Many things have gone wrong and Honda will not fix unless you have deep pockets. Door handles stop working, trunk will stop working, and now 2nd gear is making noises and Honda wants 700 dollars just to open it up and diagnose. I bought this car to avoid this problem and here I am with the warrantee over, and transmission issues with 2.5 years left of payments. I'm stuck with it now, bought it for performance and excitement but now it's a point a to b car that I have to skip 2nd gear. It was fun and good until this. Get a warrantee or buy another car, I have 95,000 miles on it, and I drive good.

Everything you need and more
By boss95 on 12/11/12 18:29 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This thing is a blast. Engine is powerful, don't be deceived by the numbers. It'll drive very comfortably for the everyday driver, but push the pedal the slightest bit and you're off. Handles like a foreign sports car. Engine has an awesome note to it as well. I just got this as my first car, and every single day I look forward to getting in that car, I love it. Couldn't ask for anything better. Great on gas too. We got it used with about 51k miles on it. Runs, looks and smells like new. Overall an outstanding car, and a thrill to drive. Even comes standard with premium audio system which includes subwoofer. Has enough power to rattle the rear view mirrors, with a motor that's smooth as silk

Fun, efficient, and reliable
By argimal on 10/30/11 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had the car for over two years now. Feels alot faster than it is. I love the high revving 4. Traded an S2000 for this because of family expansion. Haven't regretted yet. Would prefer a little more power but am satisfied. I commute 82 miles round trip to work and get 28-33 mpg depending on how hard I drive it, usually 29 mpg in mixed driving. 33 mpg on long trips consistently. Great car.

I love this car
By John on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the most fun you are ever going to have in a small coupe -- and it's stick only so you really have to drive it -- no easy peasy automatic transmission for real drivers. 200 hp in a light weight small car means your power to weight ratio is obscene. And when you floor the throttle in mid gear it takes off like a rocket, but sticks to the road like glue in the corners. Now if they would just make a convertible.

Great car for a great price
By zerostar on 06/10/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had always lusted after the Civic Si back when the 2000's were new. Once Honda went back to the hatch-style I moved on to other cars since it didn't fit my life. As soon as the new "Si Sedan" came out I knew what my next car would be. I purchased my 09' in June and have loved every second of it. This has got to be one of the funnest daily drivers out there, despite requiring premium gas I am still getting upwards of 26+MPG with very aggressive driving. The seats are a magnet for cat hair so I am going to need to upgrade these to leather soon :-) I have also (Eibach) dropped my car about 1.4" in front and back and the handling is much improved.

Great but could be better
By automax on 05/22/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I drive about 33,000 miles per year, mostly highway. This is one of a very few cars that can do commuting and playing at the same time and do them well. For commuting, it's comfortable, reliable and economical(I average 31 MPG, 2 MPG better then EPA estimates). When you want to play, just rev the crap out of it and it rewards you, handling is solid, power is great (above 6000 RPM), and engine notes are extraordinary. All it needs is more torque, if Honda put in the Japan only "R" engine, this thing would be nirvana on wheels. If you do a lot of commuting, yet enjoy a spirited drive, this is one of the best buys out there.

Best performance car for the $$$
By Tris Speaker on 05/11/10 12:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my Civic Si now for almost a year and can say that it is the best car for the $$$ that I've ever purchased. I've owned many sporty cars before, too. The reviews that I've read that were negative were from people that probably shouldn't have bought this car to start with. The car is made for DRIVING, not commuting to and from work. The regular Civic is what they should've bought. You get WAY more than what Mazda, VW or Subaru can offer for the $21,000 that I paid for this car even with the navi. I drive long distances for work and average 33 mpg on those highway trips and get about 25 in the city. I would definitely recommend this car to just about everyone.

Silver 2009 Civic Si
By Civic Si on 04/08/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall I love my Civic Si but I want to write an objective review. My Si is comfortable, reliable and built with quality materials inside. It's fun to drive, however I've gotten used to the 197 hp and weak 139 lb ft torque; torque should be improved in the future. MPG varies depending on driver, I get between 17-21 mpg city. The paint is not the best. It will scratch quickly and rock chips cause more damage than it should. I spend too much time and $ trying to care for the paint/exterior. I'm not bothered by the two-tier dashboard. A noticeable problem with Honda's is road noise. Exterior design is getting old, needs to be overhauled IMO.

4Dr Si
By Bob on 03/12/10 11:44 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/High Performance Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The most fun car to drive I ever drove & I have a quick BMW also. Fit & finish are excellent. I have 5200 miles on it and thus far no problems. I get 25 MPG combined hwy & town even when I drive it hard. Excellent value

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Si in VA is:

$140 per month*