2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good, Not Great Car
By Bryson on 01/20/10 10:30 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2009 LX-S for 6 months now and I am pretty happy with it. It is excellent on gas I average about 33 MPG overall, I love the styling (both inside and out), it is smooth, reliable and has plenty of room for most anyone (I am 6'3" and I fit with ease) even the back has better space than most all the other cars I test drove. I am still kicking myself for not dishing out the extra cash for the Si (the car is fun but i can just imagine what those extra 57 horses could do).

Love it!
By Ray on 08/27/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my 2004 Impala with 90.000 miles for the civic lx-s, with 134 miles on I had a little (or big) problem, the engine stopped responding to the accelerator, I kept on pumping the pedal and downshifting (just in case) on the way down to 1st gear and it got going again, took to the dealer and did not find any problems, I just have to learn to trust again, but, I love the sporty feel of the car as a whole, steering wheel, dash, outside, don’t care for the wheel covers (will probably fit some nice alloys). Love the happy revving engine and the Goodyears are just ok, but for what the car was design for, it is fitting. Over 300 miles now, loving it.

My second Civic
By Rubired on 07/24/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a 2000 civic before this one and also an accord 2008 right now. This car is smaller than the Accord, but the quality is no less. This car is a great little 4 cylinder, very easy on gas, very quiet high quality Honda engine and nice handling. As I said on my accord review, I have own them all dodge, ford, chevy, toyota and Hyundai and where the Honda leaves the rest behind is time. After 3 or 4 years, the Honda still feels and runs like the day you purchased it. The others slowly show their age with squeaks, garage visits and part replacements. If you want a little car, easy on gas, top notch quality that will be trouble free for many years to come and hold its value - this is it.

Some minor quirks for a fantastic car
By Mike on 03/29/09 16:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Hondas just seem to get better and better. I do however have two minor comments regarding my new Civic. First, the accelerator's new throttle-by wire technology performs well, yet the feel of the accelerator is awkward to me. The pedal is hinged from the floor and I find it a little uncomfortable situating my foot at times. The other item relates to the transmission. The automatic tranny seems confused at times whether to stay in second gear or revert to first when executing slow turns or "California stops". This confusion can at times result in an abrupt shift of the gears. Other than that, not much to complain about. Hats off to Honda for building yet another great car!

Recent Convert
By okhondadrvr on 12/10/08 11:02 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My chief priority in my purchase this time was fuel economy. I was a little nervous going from my large sedan (Ford 500) to a smaller economy type car. After driving several makes and models, I decided to go with the Civic. I am not disappointed at all. I went with the LX-S because I liked the black interior and some of the extras it came with. The car handles great and the 4 cylinder has surprising power. The fuel economy is better than expected. 4 fill ups and I have been getting 30 + mpg with over 70% being city driving. The interior is very roomy even for my 6'3 frame. The car feels very solid and just a lot better quality then all the competition I looked at. New Honda convert.

2009 LX-S Manual
By craig stambaugh on 10/28/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove just about every competitor with the idea I did not want a Civic. After 5 weeks and numerous test drives there was only one choice; the Civic. Handling, MPG, styling and the track record of the Civic's reliability won out. The only car that came close was the Mazda 3. The LX-S comes standard with 16" alloy wheels, small spoiler and "SI like" seats. The fit and finish are excellent. I got 34.1 mpg on my first tank (2/3 highway). The car handles like a dream and the manual trans is typical Honda, smooth as silk. My Civic replaces my sporty 1994 Ford Probe (Mazda mechanicals) after 201,000 miles. Trust me, all things considered, the Civic is the best car in its class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*