Used 2009 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Vibration at idle
By pod doc

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since i purchased my civic i have noticed vibration at idle worse with the A/C on. I have been to the 2 dealers about 10 times with this complaint and there has only been 1 update that did not rectify the problem. The vibration is apparent when the A/C compressor engages at the same time as the cooling fans kick-in.

Still searching

Idle, road noise, MPG

I am a believer
By Danny T in OKC

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st new car I have ever purchased and the 1st Honda I have ever owned. I have always respected the quality that Honda cars represent -- and now I understand why it is actually so deserved. Plus, it is just damn fun to drive. Feeling like I made one of the best choices I have ever made in my adult life purchasing my Honda Civic. I love it. (It's almost sick.)

The overall design & lines of the car, heated leather seats, incredible paint, blaster a/c, sheer comfort, lotsa great visibility all around, fuel efficiency, sound system.

Give us the option to turn off the 'chirp' when I turn on the alarm system. My neighbors would like that.

Not as much pop, but overall a great car
By KR

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 1.8 Turbo Volkswagen Jetta that had some serious pep for a 4cyl engine. However, the thing was falling apart and overall my experience was poor. I was drawn to the Civic because of its reputation for reliability, fuel economy, and its nice design. After nearly 3,000 miles on the car, I'm happy with my purchase. It's not as much fun to drive as the Jetta, but the 5 speed manual offers some excitement and better all-around control over the car. I ended up going with the EX-L because on the 2009's it's the only version that offers stability control (VSA). Also, it's worth noting that I'm relatively tall (6'4"), and I fit very comfortably in the driver's seat.

Steering wheel audio controls, USB port for iphone/ipod, stability control, sunroof, digital split speedometer, remote trunk release, fuel economy (not really a feature, but I'm averaging about 32 mpg in 50-50 city/highway driving).

Trying to control 5,000+ songs on my ipod is difficult through the car's audio controls (you have to slowly scroll if you want to change artists), but that's really nitpicking. Maybe a little bit more power, though I realize that would compromise mpg's.