2009 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
9-Month Review
By Canadia on 07/15/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I'm very pleased with the Civic. Fuel economy has exceeded my expectations, and the car is very nimble and fun to drive with the manual. The seats are also very comfortable, and there's plenty of room for me (5'11") even with the seat raised to its highest position. I would have rated it with 10's across the board if it weren't for a few things: 1) Either drive-by-wire or the VTEC mechanism makes acceleration under certain conditions somewhat choppy and abrupt. 2) There's a creaking noise coming from the front suspension, and a rattle coming from the rear of the car. I can't determine the source of either. 3) Thin paint.

5-Month, 6,000 Mile Review...
By Canadia on 04/11/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Preface: I did my homework, and shopped around pretty extensively. I knew what I was buying (an economy car), and held the civic to those standards. First, a few minor quibbles: 1. Thickness and durability of the paint is disappointing. I'm finding too many chips on this young a car. 2. I can't locate the source of some random clunk coming from the right rear wheel... Other than that, all I have for the civic is praise. The car handles famously considering its class and competition, and the ride quality is uncompromised. It's solid, doesn't get flustered over bumps, and inspires much more confidence than my previous car (a 1998 Audi A6).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$132 per month*