2009 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2009 Civic EX 5 Spd Manual
By mcuvelaine on 08/28/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Absolutely love it! My last Honda went nearly 200,000 miles before it needed any serious work. I grew up with Hondas, I learned to drive on a Honda, I am 100% committed to Honda. This is a fuel efficient car. It looks sporty, but it isn't a fast little racer. With that being said, I get an average of 34-38 mpg. Not complaining. It handles great, and the comfy seats are designed to keep you planted while taking corners at lightning speed ;) My one complaint is the gear box. I'm not sure if the previous owner was just too rough with it or what, but shifting (either up or down) into 2nd can be a sloppy, gear grinding mess if you don't put enough force into it.

Civic EX
By amber on 10/24/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First Honda. Had a Matrix before this. Love the look of this car and the way it drives. Antilock brakes occasionally feel "crunchy." Auto transmission doesn't always shift smoothly. Axle nut loose after 6000 miles. Do not like the auto up windows or the seat belt alarm that takes forever to go off. (I know, I know, it's illegal to not wear a seatbelt!) 35 mpg hwy is great. Not so good city driving. About 24 mpg. Combo driving is still good. Ride is hard but will try the lower tire pressure.

Great "Sporty" car
By Justin Slocum on 07/14/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable and sporty (I have the coupe). Very well designed and quite a looker. It's fun to drive granted it's no civic Si but it is quick and agile. I decided to go with the EX Coupe because the Si's have shifter and clutch problems. The sound system is 350 Watts and has a subwoofer. This comes in the Coupe EX and the Si's only. Very happy with the bass response from it. Nice Standard Alloy Rims. Shifts are crisp and smooth. I would definitely purchase this car again. Very complacent ride that does a great job around the corners and is comfortable on rough roads. My only minor complaint is something that plagues Hondas and that is the road noise. It's not awful but could be better.

Four Months
By Robert on 06/28/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Four months and a bit over 7k miles. MPG is > 38, over the period. Had just recently driven in heavy rain with the OE Bridgestones, and the car rides fine. Most of the driving is open road & highway (90%). Cruise Control maintains a constant speed going uphills. Very happy I returned to a Civic.

EX Coupe-5 speed
By steve190 on 03/29/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Let me start with I checked out just about everything out there in this price range and took my time making a decision as I did not need a new car but rather wanted one. After looking for over a year I decided on the Honda Civic EX 5 speed and so far am very happy with it. The car rides nice and handles very well for what it is (I had Miata's, and MG's before this) the deciding factor was the Honda's resale value compared to everything else. If you are looking for a well built, fun to drive and reasonable cost to operate car look at the Honda Civic! The EX model has all the toys you need, sunroof, 4 wheel disc brakes, cruise, and a decent stereo system. I paid 17,451 including destination. Love IT.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$129 per month*