Used 2009 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I got a lemon
By chuckles0505

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was extremely disappointed with this Civic. It regularly left me abandoned, unable to start. I don't know how many times I had to be towed, and the dealership here in Oregon blew me off. This kept happening and happening, that the battery after just a few weeks would suddenly stop holding a charge. After over a year of this, the dealership finally put in a new battery. It still had problems. Something else was wrong with the electrical system somewhere, and the dealership wasn't going to help me out. Then a rock made its way into the brake area somehow, and caused damage. After I wanted out from such an unreliable vehicle, I sold it as a loss. The lemon is someone else's problem.

Favorite Features

exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

It was an "extremely medium" car in all other respects. My suggested improvement is Honda should be more careful in the manufacturing of the vehicle so owners don't wind up with an expensive lemon like mine was.

Is A/C on all the time
By Nice4

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just noticed the Civic's A/C does turn on without my command. The A/C fan turn on first in the morning when I start my car (the command button is OFF and it is not at ON state). Then after some driving, park on driveway, see water drops on driveway (just exactly like when A/C is on in hot Summertime). Then noticed from time to time, I can feel there is 'cool' air blow out and status shown is OFF state. All of all, convinced me that the A/C is some ON all the time. Is any other owner having similar experience? There are annoying rattle sound from the roof and/or dashboard in Winter. Reported to the dealer but the excuses is have to wait for the time when it reoccurs again - next Winter

Favorite Features

Power window to lower model, great

Suggested Improvements

I have completely lost my faith with Honda. They are NOT a Honda anymore these days. NA just not making any good quality products. From a x-honda and consumer POV, I definitely not recommend a Honda these day, they are solely riding on its PASS reputation, it will disappear one day.

Love it!
By Lindsey

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Civic and I absolutely love it! Hondas are simply reliable and low maintenance. Everyone comments on both the exterior and interior! I find it to drive very smoothly and haven't found it to be loud. I've been in my friend's Cobalt, talk about loud and obnoxious! I have had the car for a little over six months now and I've had no problems. I commute a pretty far distance and have also taken a long road trip. The gas mileage is great as well. I do mostly highway driving and average about 35 mpg. It's so fun to drive!

Favorite Features

stylish look of both the exterior and interior, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

trunk open option on key

2nd honda and still best car ever
By jonah stjernegaard

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

7 months ago I bought a 2009 Honda fit with 5 speed manual, I decided to sell it and get a faster Honda civic coupe dx. I cant believe how much faster the civic coupe is with manual transmission than the fit and it handles so much better and looks better. I will never ever buy any other car than a Honda civic coupe. It feels like you are driving the fastest car on the road all while using no gas. Honda makes best cars in the world PERIOD.

Favorite Features

Fast efficient 1.8 litre engine. Bucket racing like seats. Car exterior and interior looks sporty. Legendary resale value. Superior to mazda and toyota. Unbeatable road hugging handling on coupe only.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing except have fuel economy computer on civic as well as the fit, not just the fit.