2008 Honda Civic 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Incredible Smiles per gallon

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Si Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Incredible Smiles per gallon
By xinuguru on

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After two years of driving, I compare the Si with few small sports cars. The retail price was tuff but it was cheap club membership. I have driven and ridden wheeled rockets from Kawa H1 to a 500Hp Chevelle 396 and this is the best combination of control and power that I have ever had. Highway driving is so smooth and artificial limits are an issue. The key to satisfaction is keeping the RPM at 4k with the fantastic 6 spd tranny. I regularly get at worst 26MPG and at best 32mpg at 80+ mph. 350 watts of music drowns out the background road noise. The pavement surface has a lot to do with ambient noise level.

Favorite Features

Overall Reliability. Smooth reliable power above 4k RPM. Great stereo, Great styling and a bucket seat for holding your bod in a position to control the car. This car is designed to be driven not operated.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise on rough asphalt is no fun. AWD would kill mileage but give the car slot car handling.