2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Well rounded sport sedan

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Well rounded sport sedan
By blastersix on

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After test driving and getting prices on the new Saturn Astra, VW GTI 5- door, and Mazda3 5-door, this Civic just is a better overall package and has the bullet proof Honda reliability to boot. I've owned the car for about two weeks now, but put 2,000 miles on it already. My wife and I took it two days after buying it on our vacation from Ohio to North and South Carolina. The performance and specifically the handling on this car are outstanding. Snicky 6-speed manual, point and shoot steering, and good throttle response make the Si a wonderful road car. The four door practicality means our two kids ride along in comfort too. Just watch out for the front buckets on long trips. Ouch.

Outstanding transmission. iVTEC whine at 6,000 RPM up to redline. 34 MPG on the highway at 70-75 MPH. Didn't see another Fiji blue Si 4-door on the entire trip!

Just the front seats. The shape and contour of these seats are superior for canyon carving and spirited driving, but the narrow seat back and large side bolsters started to cause discomfort about 6-hours into my driving day. Blame my broad shoulders and back, but a little more width wouldn't hurt.