2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: The Honda Civic Si is a great

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

The Honda Civic Si is a great car
By tiff_c on

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Initially I looked at a lot of cars. This one was at the bottom of my list. I compared it to the Mazda Speed 3 and a Subaru WRX. The engine revs very smoothly in this car but the power when it reached 6,000 rpms is really amazing. The shifter on the Si is buttery smooth. It drives very well even in the snow. I put Nokian tires on it for winter and it goes just great in snow. My wife really likes driving this car so with all that we bought it.

I like the smooth shifter the most it's really nice even in sub zero temps. I also really like the digital speed at the top of the dash. The heater is very strong really can blast the heat. I like the design of the seats very comfortable for long trips over 2 hours.

Ditch the metal shift knob, it's freezing in winter, Summer it will probably burn your hand. The rear electric defogger is very weak and doesn't seem to have much power for ice and snow. The seats attract lint something fierce. It's very tough to keep the seats lint free, forget wool sweaters!