2008 Honda Civic Hybrid
By SSimon4916 on
2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I now have 90k on my car with only one major repair. The window seal contorted at about 30k and was $200 to replace. I get between 39-42 mpg, depending on driving behavior. I am about to receive the battery update for the car, which should increase the life of the battery. I was told Honda did not replace batteries in hybrids when I bought the car, but now they do, or always have. Driving is smooth for the most part, but any bumps or pits in the road will definitely be felt. Service for the car can get a bit pricy. The smaller steering wheel does take some getting used to and the braking can be annoying when it does a full extra tire rotation when charging.
Favorite Features
Integrated Motor Assist is nice in mountainous areas, though your car will be very loud when accelerating. The auxiliary input is a very nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
Tires wear rapidly, possibly due to snow buildup in wells. I have replaced my tires after ever winter thus far. Floor mats had holes after 1 month of usage and were $111 to replace. Car sits very low to the ground, making getting in and out difficult for taller people. Heated mirrors would be nice.