2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: WARNING: Honda IMA Reprogram R

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Civic

WARNING: Honda IMA Reprogram Recall
By BLC on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Civic hybrid performed flawlessly and still regulary returns 43 mpg per tank in mixed city/hwy driving. Per notice from Honda I took recall notice in and was told the computer reflash would only affect the battery recharge rate - would NOT affect the driving characteristics of the car. However, since reflashed, the battery is quicker to discharge in city driving. If it falls below 4 bars of power THE IMA POWER BOOST DOES NOT ENGAGE. I am trying to accelerate with only the 1.3L gas engine until I recharge above 5 bars Dealer sent computer test sample to Honda Tech Dept who acknowledge "many" such instances, but insist the new computer program is operating as designed-NO FIX.

I still love the driving and handling and my MPG is still solid. My fuel bill is 1/2 what I spent driving my '04 Accord V6/manual 6speed. Slow and steady wins the race. Styling is still fresh and I still love the two tiered instrument stack even after 2 years. Unique.

Honda should but can't reverse-program the recall "fix". Sacrificing MY car's power management to fix THEIR battery longevity issue is WRONG Thanks for nothing Honda..

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review