Never again
By Anonymous on
2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I had been getting good (>43 MG) mileage before the Honda update to my Hybrid in May of 2010. Prior to that update I had reached 47.8 MPG on a 1,022 mile trip from my son's home in GA to my home in Boston. After the May computer update, I never got better than 38 MPG, even on the highway. I've had this thing back to the dealer at least 3 times for crappy gas mileage after the May update. One more thing - the resale value on these things is terrible. The Toyota dealer across the driveway from my Honda dealer offered me $9 grand on a trade-in for this $22,000 Hybrid with less than 34,500 miles and less than 24 months driving. I pick up my new 2010 Prius tomorrow.
Favorite Features
That I can afford to get rid of it.
Suggested Improvements
Fix your computer updates and figure out how to maintain residual value on this car, guys.
By diablojd52
on 08/17/11 09:04 AM (PDT)

You might have a legit complaint with the hybrids gas mileage after the update , I don't know. But you must be new to buying and selling cars or hit your head really hard if you expect a trade in to be equal to the resale value of a car. Most people are taught by their parents to never trade in a car. You will always get ripped off. Also you traded your car to a dealer that doesn't deal in Honda. HELLO he doesn't sell them so why would he want them. How you got 9 grand in a trade in from a Toyota dealer is beyond me but you got lucky considering your bad choice. Next time sell the ca,r then go shopping.... never trade.