2008 Honda Civic 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Teach me oh MPG gurus

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Teach me oh MPG gurus
By Linda on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved my Mazda 3, 5-door w/ leather, but I wanted better gas mileage than the 20 mpg I was getting. I was on waiting lists for the Prius and the Civic. The Civic was available first. I like (do not love) its styling. I am disappointed in my mpg, however. My first two tanks were 40 and 38 mpg. My current tank reads 33.5 mpg. I need fuel economy lessons. My friend hates to ride with me because I drive so slowly. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. The only time the gauge has me getting good gas mileage is when my foot is off the gas pedal. My mpg is better than in my Mazda 3, but I'm not sure if it was worth the switch.

Favorite Features

The idea of 40 to 45 mpg. Wish I was getting it. I like the remote buttons on the key instead of a separate remote. I like the trunk release button on the key as well.

Suggested Improvements

A guide to better gas mileage for the mpg impaired. Leather. Seat warmers. A better defroster. The Mazda's defroster was da bomb. Even sportier styling. Way nicer alloys.