Some flaws but I'm buying another one
By Toomanycars on
2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
This car is above most Detroit built, easier to maintain, and improve. When I first got the car and did a long trip, I hit an amazing MPG of 55. I' haven't hit again: avg city 25-35, highway 35-45. I live where there are a lot of hills and often having a manual is a bad idea but it works great once u get use to it. I've had a tone of chevys, fords, and dodges, I bought a 99 civic and then this one. the 99 feels like a toy compared to the 08. the 08 has more capability and room than all my previous small cars. I don't leave a car as is sense no car is perfect, this is the first car I didn't need to do a single thing to the engine, but I did install a new air intake any ways :) helped with hp.
Favorite Features
The engine.the amount of room in the car is above so many. nothing major in the car is plastic, I hated this in the domestics.The design of the interior is great, less plastic would be nice; that s the next thing I'll be doing.Here's to the 50th car I've owned; It is a keeper, it will be a classic.
Suggested Improvements
Ground Clearance, standard seats are rough on long drives. The city mpg is lower than other cars in it's class. They didn't put the door seal on right. I went through the car once I got it and improved: tires, sway bar, air intake, brakes, and seats. I even added some foam to reduce road noise.