2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Why all of the bad press?

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Civic

MUGEN Si Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Why all of the bad press?
By Danilo Umali on

2008 Honda Civic MUGEN Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have traded-in my 2004 Honda S2000 because I needed more space. This car gives up very little in terms of handling and performance. I love the way the car looks and the exclusivity of owning one. I guess I am a little too old (31) for the Fast and Furious look, but everything thing added to the car has a purpose and has been engineered as such. I imagine that this car is marketed to a select few, but I hope Honda keeps the Mugen cars coming stateside. I also love the color. This is the first car I have owned that is not white, silver or black.

Suspension set-up. Handles better than my Audi A3 and it's softer over the bumpy stuff. Who would have thought? I also love the exhaust note, all Goldilocks. Not to loud and not too soft...it's just right. I also love the shift nob. Nice touch.

I guess the only weakness is more power. I figure any car owner will always want more power no matter how much they already have. Just ask the guys that tune Porsches. 200 horses for a FWD car is pushing it. I would not want more power if it disrupts the overall balance of the car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review