2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: I'm lovin' it

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I'm lovin' it
By bonjovess on

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven American made cars. I would never give in to the Honda hype. So many people had them. When gas prices went up these recent months I decided it was time to trade my SUV to save gas money. It took me a few weeks to get used to the small size, but now I'm hooked. The first two tanks of gas alone sold me. I am surprised how well my civic handles. I have driven it in pouring rain and not been afraid, the steering is very good. I was shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the smaller size. The only true complaint is that since I am a tall girl (5'8") it is kind of hard to get in and out of. Once I am in though, I'm very comfortable.

The gas mileage is great! I love that I didn't have to give up my leather (with heated seats), since the 2008 now has a leather package. I love the blue backlit instrument panel, radio display, and the placement of the digital speedometer. I also like the warning light for the tire pressure.

The one thing that I have missed with this car is my automatic lights.