2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Econ class do it urself car

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Econ class do it urself car
By jmarloe on

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought mine in early 2008 for 18.5 at 5%. It now has 98k miles on it, has been used for driving around the bay area in Cali for a job, multi trips from Cali to TX, and for the last 3 yrs I've used it for pizza delivery in TX. Some repairs I have done myself are replacing both cv axels at 70k for $160, tires at 55k miles with good-yrs $540, the starter at 90k for $132. I am by no means a mechanic I bought some basic tools, spent a few hrs researching and as you can see from other reviews I saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars doing it myself. This car has been through a lot but still runs like new and feels as though it will for another 98k.

Consistently good mileage 28-30 city 36-40 hwy. Low priced car as for mentioned bought new for 18,500 automatic with ac. Doing the repairs myself I have found that all of the original parts I have replaced were manufactured in the USA, and I think it is cool that Honda gave our country the jobs that made the car that I drive. Inexpensive aftermarket parts for repairs and most repairs really were not that difficult to figure out. Reliability. Prob the most Eco friendly of any gas powered car.

Hard seats, cheap material used for interior upholstery, the original carpets started molding and had to be thrown out id rather just have metal floors, original sun visors broke because the socket for the hinges were made out of thin plastic but replaced for free under the 100k warranty and new ones seem sturdy, unless you buy highest quite rating tires it is pretty loud while driving luckily they tend to be mid price ranged and high mileage, windshield wipers look cool but are pretty ridiculous to figure out for replacement, the starter is kinda in a tight spot for no particular reason haha it was fun, I wish Honda would include a do it yourself repair book.