2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Reliable little car

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic w/Navigation)

Reliable little car
By Indrek_S on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extremely reliable car you will not notice you have it. Service once a year (around 160 USD) and thatīs it. I had some problems at the beginning. One electric motor position sensor was faulty (common problem for 2007 built cars. after changing under warranty, no problems). Also drivers window was running out of rail. Warranty covered it (new rails). this is also common for Civics. And third trip to dealer was due to dead battery (covered under warranty). All those faults occur first couple of months and 70,000 km later no problems at all. Every time I visited dealer with those problems they gave me replacement Hybrid until my car was there. So good customer service overall.

Fuel economy, CVT transmission, nice dash and interior. Plenty of rear legroom and rear seat back is in comfortable angle - good for long trips. Cheap service - not more than 160 - 170 USD per service, good service interval.

Front seats are bit hard and uncomfortable, tire noise is too loud (I did extra noise dampening by myself, now is much better). Trunk space is too small, radio signal is poor sometimes and speakers poor. Floor mattes are thin and cheap and they will curve due to salt and snow from shoes.