2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Reliable, fast, great handling

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Reliable, fast, great handling
By smoothcivic on

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased used in 2010 with 8,000km. Now has 43,000km. Feels like it hasn't aged a single bit. No problems, extremely fast on highways and local roads, easy to zip between cars and get thru traffic easily. Independent suspension makes cornering easy. Ride is slightly bumpy, compared to full size sedans. Drove 10 hours straight from Toronto to Queens, averaging 90mph all the way, and the car gave no problems. Was a very fun drive winding along the mountains at high speed. Fuel efficiency decreases substantially at higher speeds. Sad to see others writing poor comments, they must have received the bad apples, because otherwise the car follows the tradition for exceptional quality for me.

Favorite Features

Very fast acceleration from standstill, independent suspension allows for effortless cornering without slowing down, reliability is SOLID even with all the beating I put thru it, spacious interior for its class, trunk space sufficient for multiple passengers in long journeys.

Suggested Improvements

Stock speakers are absolutely crap. Barely any bass in high volume. Ride is slightly bumpy, but bearable. The stiff suspension allows for the great handling and cornering, but you feel the road more than bigger sedans. I feel the automatic transmission slightly slipping when I slow down then quickly accelerating again, but dealership can't find anything wrong. So I'll wait to see if it gets worse, and fix it within warranty if necessary.