2008 Honda Civic 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Premium experience

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Premium experience
By Kolstad1 on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Looking at the most fuel-efficient choices out there, I naturally settled on the Prius and Civic Hybrid (and held onto a secret wish for a Mazda 3 hatchback that could get 40 on the highway). The Prius had an appealing zen-like quality to it, but it just wasn't comfortable for someone my size (6'3"). Acknowledging my natural Hondaphile leanings, I drove the HCH (with some reservations over the supposedly "underwhelming" performance). After that, it was a no-brainer. It accelerates more than well, never once leaving me with that sinking, sluggish feeling. Add to that comfortable seats and billet-like build quality, and I feel I got a premium-class car with 45 mpg for $21.5K. Very happy.

Favorite Features

Performance (acceleration & steering), tight handling, very solid & quiet structure, comfortable & ADJUSTABLE seats (unlike Prius), $1050 tax credit, the satisfaction that you're acknowledging the kind of driving you really do, not the kind you want to do.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the rear seat had some kind of a trunk pass-through, but other than that, nothing. Highly recommended.