2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: No Economy, nor Honda Quality

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic w/Navigation)

No Economy, nor Honda Quality Here
By johncr12 on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned a Honda, either a Civic or Accord since 1973. I purchased one of the first Honda Civics in the US (Wash DC). So I know the quality that Honda is capable of. This particular car I purchased over a Prius, based on the style and economy of the car. I can overlook the definite road noise that is present, but I cannot over look the low mileage, far below the est MPG of 40/50. The best I have gotten on a 180m trip was 30.8 mpg. As for city mpg, I average 28.7. Would I recommend this car, absolutely not. I currently have 420 miles on this vehicle (second car). She's not yet broken in, but looking at other's mpg- this car is really lacking. This will be my last Honda. Prius is right!

The style of the car.

Put better insulation in between chassis and road - road noise is quite noticeable. Make a hybrid engine that does what it is advertised to do! This car is a lemon according to the current mpg I am getting at just over 400 miles. We use it as our second car. It was to be our green car - which it is not.