No Economy, nor Honda Quality Here
By johncr12 on
2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've owned a Honda, either a Civic or Accord since 1973. I purchased one of the first Honda Civics in the US (Wash DC). So I know the quality that Honda is capable of. This particular car I purchased over a Prius, based on the style and economy of the car. I can overlook the definite road noise that is present, but I cannot over look the low mileage, far below the est MPG of 40/50. The best I have gotten on a 180m trip was 30.8 mpg. As for city mpg, I average 28.7. Would I recommend this car, absolutely not. I currently have 420 miles on this vehicle (second car). She's not yet broken in, but looking at other's mpg- this car is really lacking. This will be my last Honda. Prius is right!
Favorite Features
The style of the car.
Suggested Improvements
Put better insulation in between chassis and road - road noise is quite noticeable. Make a hybrid engine that does what it is advertised to do! This car is a lemon according to the current mpg I am getting at just over 400 miles. We use it as our second car. It was to be our green car - which it is not.