2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Perfect gas-miser/weekend race

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

MUGEN Si Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Perfect gas-miser/weekend racer
By mbratton on

2008 Honda Civic MUGEN Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I loved the Mugen from the first time I saw it on the showroom floor -- I knew I had to have it. Sure, it's way more than the base Si, but a test drive of the two will let anyone know that the money was well spent on the suspension and wheels/tires. The looks I could care less about, but the handling is absolutely superb! Ride is harsh, as you would expect from a sports car, but the gas mileage is amazingly good (about 26 mpg in 100% city for me, even with "spirited driving"). The only cons for me are the lack of nav and the fact that it's a car that must be parked "out of the way" so as to avoid vandalism/theft.

Suspension! Handling and QUICK steering. The engine LOVES to be revved high-up! Great gas mileage, even when driven hard. Fit and finish are great, as with every other Honda. The Fiji Blue Pearl color is beautiful in real life.

Should have had factory-installed nav. Magnetic suspension would have helped with harsh ride. Seats seem like they will wear fast in the lumbar area.