2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Kudos to Honda!

2008 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Review

Kudos to Honda!
By dhectorg on

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This si sedan is almost everything I hoped it would be. It's dangerously fun to drive (got pulled over day after I picked it up...be careful!). It handles better than some cars way out of it's price range. rRdes a bit stiff, but that's expected from a performance suspension. I love the exhaust note at pretty much any engine speed. It sounds menacing. But the best part about driving this car is the instant thrust and hieghtened exhaust note that you feel and hear at 6000+rpm. It's like somebody let a mad dog out. Pure adrenaline!

Sound system is the cleanest I've heard in a car at this price point. I'm averaging 26-27mpg in fairly aggressive driving. 6sp manual is silky smooth. The entire drive train in this car is what make it so special.

Seat fabric is a pain. Everything clings to it. Although I like the styling of this car, the European Civic type-r (their version of the si) is much more aggressively styled...and it's a 5door hatch back, which is much more functional than a sedan.