If MPG Is What You Want ...
By mrmark99 on
2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Purchased on 12/31/07 in time to still get the $2,300 tax credit. I drive a lot of miles (25,000 a year), so gas mileage was my #1 concern. I have 11,579 miles on the car now and it has been fabulous. My gas mileage was in the 40-43 range for the first two to three months due in large part to breaking in the car as well as the Illinois winter I was driving in. Since then my gas mileage has gotten better and better as the weather warmed up and the car began to get broken in. My last 7 tanks of gas have gotten me 51, 50, 51, 50, 53, 52 and 51 MPG! I drive on the interstates with the cruise set at 65 mph and I neither accelerate nor brake hard in the city in an effort to maximize my MPG.
Favorite Features
Over 50 MPG combined, nice instrument panel layout, better stereo than expected, dash display, more interior room than expected and plenty of trunk space.
Suggested Improvements
The wheels on this car look plain awful and the lack of choices for exterior color is ridiculous. Some other minor things. No change holder, no lights on the vanity mirrors, seats could be more comfortable, the headrests don't lock in place well and this car needs to have leather optional.