Great car...but a little sluggish
By jake on
2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
My mom bought me this car as her final gift to me before she passed from cancer in May 2009. I love this car! I love the dash layout, I'm a big guy though and the seats are a bit narrow. Quick around town, but on a recent trip on route 66 to California I noticed on long inclines you have to put pedal to the floor. Lots of "zip" but horrible acceleration in situations where you pull a U-Turn and have to gun it... almost got hit a couple times because even to the floor it's just so slow getting up to speed. Transmission has inconvenient shift patterns too. That's the only bad, all in all it's great little car and I get over 400MPG on the highway!!!
Favorite Features
Interior design and dash display is a big positive for me, I really like the 2 tier setup. Excellent fuel economy. VERY, VERY solid build compared to Suzuki, Ford, and most others in the same price range. Very solid car with quiet tight interior.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission! Honda, please make this car shift faster in stop and go situations!!! At 4 way stops and much of the time I manually shift my car and it's automatic. I have to because the transmission is geared strange and don't shift fast enough for my style of driving. More HP!!!!!