2008 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great but could use some

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Great but could use some design changes
By GLB360 on

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. I bought it for the reputation, safety rating and gas mileage. Pros: drove from Los Angeles to Dallas and got 36 hwy and up to 46 when not using the A/C, very “zippy” and fun to drive. Huge windshield allowing passenger to prop feet up on dash, adequate room inside and trunk. Cons: sometimes acts like it wants to stall when idling. Front brakes replaced at 22,000 miles (not covered by warranty). I was told this was due to driving in LA traffic which I believe; CD player died so entire audio system replaced 8 months after purchase (covered by warranty) and lots of road noise. Locked keys in car due to automatic locking system - very annoying!

Favorite Features

Outside style. Received many compliments.

Suggested Improvements

Where’s the ashtray? I don’t smoke but need a place to keep spare change! Trunk does not “lift up” meaning if the trunk lid and window both raised up it would be easier to get things like my bicycle and small furniture pieces in the car with rear seat folded down!